Muppets sequel plot and promotional photo in Entertainment Weekly

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well from everything I've seen and heard this is going to be fun movie, which again will be bringing back some obscure Muppets back, Like Annie Sue. I would love to see if Wane and Wanda do a little more, since Wane did have a very short speaking line in "The Muppets"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm fifty fifty on obscure characters. On the one side. Right on! Add the most obscure characters you possibly can! Annie Sue? That's digging deep and giving us some fanservice. Not that kind, but the whole "here's a mythology gag/Easter Egg/rare character" type. On the other hand, I want to see a stronger focus on the main, let's say 10 and the band. The last movie had so many obscure characters getting the theatrical lime light they never did before, but a weird balance where Gonzo had a significantly diminished role and had to take on the burden of a brick joke. Rowlf and Scooter got more screen time than they did in the past several projects, but wouldn't it be nice to see more of them too... even though they always had smaller roles in even the Jim Henson era films?

Balance between the two is what this film needs. Obscure characters should get screen time, but also classic mainstays need some significant involvement in the plot.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard a good amount of complaints about Gonzo's screentime in The Muppets. He certainly didn't seem to have many lines. It felt a lot like Rowlf and Scooter's ample screentime in The Muppets was meant to make up for their near complete absence in any of the Muppet movies since 1991. Of course they both had forgettable blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos (Rowlf in MTI and Scooter in MFS), but the team behind The Muppets seemed conscientious of the fact that these two once major Muppets deserved to be brought back in the spotlight. If the new poster is anything to go by, Rowlf and Scooter will both have good roles in the sequel.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard a good amount of complaints about Gonzo's screentime in The Muppets. He certainly didn't seem to have many lines. It felt a lot like Rowlf and Scooter's ample screentime in The Muppets was meant to make up for their near complete absence in any of the Muppet movies since 1991. Of course they both had forgettable blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos (Rowlf in MTI and Scooter in MFS), but the team behind The Muppets seemed conscientious of the fact that these two once major Muppets deserved to be brought back in the spotlight. If the new poster is anything to go by, Rowlf and Scooter will both have good roles in the sequel.
I wouldn't really call Rowlf's screentime in the last movie "ample". Granted, he had more lines then in the last handful of projects. But really, his screentime amounts to about the same as the first three movies. When you look at it, Rowlf never really had THAT much to do. Though I do feel that Scooter had more screentime then what we're used to (in movies, anyway). Heck, it felt like he had more to do here then in TMM and TGMC.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I wouldn't really call Rowlf's screentime in the last movie "ample". Granted, he had more lines then in the last handful of projects. But really, his screentime amounts to about the same as the first three movies. When you look at it, Rowlf never really had THAT much to do. Though I do feel that Scooter had more screentime then what we're used to (in movies, anyway). Heck, it felt like he had more to do here then in TMM and TGMC.
Yes, Scooter's role in The Muppets was unprecedented in any other Muppet movie; he was pretty much Kermit's reliable right hand man. I'm really hoping he has just as big a role in the sequel, and that he becomes more popular with mainstream audiences, as Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie have.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
MuppetsHenson news posted some new pictures of the Muppets filming at the Tower of London.
Personally, I'm trying to stay away from seeing so much stuff before the actual movie comes out to avoid spoilers, but if anyone's interested, here's the link!

http://muppetshenson.blogspot.ca/2013/03/finally-first-look-at-muppets-well.html
http://muppetshenson.blogspot.ca/2013/03/no-muppets-yet-but-more-new-pictures.html
Well, well, well!
:batty: Three vells, ah ah ah!
Thanks, Count! So, trust me Mitchell. I won't spoil it, but I do know it's a mystery. Reminds me of "Hey! A Movie" song from <ahem> the second Muppet film (the classic one in the '80s).

Scooterforever

Reaction score
MuppetsHenson news posted some new pictures of the Muppets filming at the Tower of London.
Personally, I'm trying to stay away from seeing so much stuff before the actual movie comes out to avoid spoilers, but if anyone's interested, here's the link!

http://muppetshenson.blogspot.ca/2013/03/finally-first-look-at-muppets-well.html
http://muppetshenson.blogspot.ca/2013/03/no-muppets-yet-but-more-new-pictures.html
Dig the new green car. It's a far cry from the EM bus, but we'll have to wait and see.