Muppets Series 1 Super-Clearance!

MaxGoof

Reaction score
AmokTime Toys Muppets Series 1 Super-Clearance!

For anyone still missing figures from Series 1, Amok Time Toys has the whole set for $19.99 + shipping and handling. Seems like a pretty good deal to me, since Bunsen has dried up in most areas.

Although if all you need is Kermit, Piggy, or in some areas Dr. Teeth, Suncoast has them for the fantastic price of $3.99@.

While I'm glad that these are going on sale to drag in some new collectors, I have to admit I am a bit worried about the line being super-clearanced out so soon... :frown:

Luke

Reaction score
Kermit, Piggy and the Muppet Labs are complete peg warmers here in the UK but the other stuff has sold fairly fast. You can add to the equation that the UK probably gets a massively smaller allotment of figures than the states too but then maybe the Americans are mad for the Muppets and also the distribution was wider. It didn't help Forbidden Planet being the middle man between Palisades and the UK stores as this made it all a lot more expensive and the Simpsons only recently dropped their prices by not doing that kind of deal.

I expect the Muppets will be going on clearance here and yes, it doesn't look great but at least it means the stuff will probably be at a fair price to sell through. As for the states - i'd imagine it's a small quantity left and not a massive amount to worry about. It's not all that soon really for them to go on clearance but i think Palisades would have got their money and decent sales by now - it might not look good but at least from what it sounds like the majority have sold, and sold respectably.

It really wasn't great here to see the Labs not sell a single unit in the flagship store for one of the biggest chains in the country.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by MaxGoof
AmokTime Toys Muppets Series 1 Super-Clearance!

For anyone still missing figures from Series 1, Amok Time Toys has the whole set for $19.99 + shipping and handling. Seems like a pretty good deal to me, since Bunsen has dried up in most areas.

Although if all you need is Kermit, Piggy, or in some areas Dr. Teeth, Suncoast has them for the fantastic price of $3.99@.

While I'm glad that these are going on sale to drag in some new collectors, I have to admit I am a bit worried about the line being super-clearanced out so soon... :frown:
Are you talking about your local Suncoast store? I checked their website and it only has the Muppet Labs playset. I tried calling my local outlet and they also had only the playset(for $24.99)
J~

Gonzo

Reaction score
I think most toy stores do this when the next wave is coming out...and clearance pricing is vastly preferable to shipping them back to Palisades, like Toys R Us is doing with Star Wars toys to Hasbro...

Quinnnnnn

Luke

Reaction score
Thats because of mark-down money i think - Palisades would have to give Amok Time credit on their wave 2 order for the amount they would have lost marking down wave 1. I guess Hasbro don't want to let Toys R Us do that as it would mean them getting future supplies cheaper.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
aside from about 10 piggys and 4 or so kermits in one TRU, all the other large stores in my area have sold out of muppet stuff..

EB still as one exlcusive piggy and one regular (and a muppet labs in the back held for the cashier, who is waiting to buy it when she gets the cash :stick_out_tongue:)

oh, and my comic book store has a few muppet labs and a piggy, but they JUST put them out...they previously had a bunch of the figures and those all sold...so maybe it's just a case of people over-ordering...I also think that their were too many kermit and piggys compared to bunsen and dr teeth figures per case...

in any case, I don't think it's cause for alarm, as they certainly aren't as shelf-warming as many other lines....

Drtooth

Reaction score
MAAAAANNNN!!! I don't even have the Muppet Labs yet! I'm going to have to break out my Gift certificate and pay the extra 8 bucks!!!!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
The same goes here for me: only one TRU has 3 kermits and 8 regular piggy's. None of the stores have any more stock, except for a few EB's but they are once again Kermit and reg.Piggy, and none of these figures have been reduced to clear.
I had to get my Bunsen online., and went on a "hunt" to find the Lab. Everything is selling fast here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
How come you get 4 dollar Muppet figures at Suncoast, while over here, I can only find Muppet Labs at the price of 25 bucks? I'm still trying to get Kermit. I have the other three!

towels

Reaction score
My not very local TRU had 2 Tux Kermies (only one after I left...), 1 regular Kermie, 1 Piggy, and about 3 or 4 Labs out...