Muppets Show series -- Bob Hope and Steve Martin editions

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Bob Hope and Steve Martin editions of the Columbia "Muppets Show" series to come out, and I just checked Amazon -- it says 'No VHS' available. Was it ever released on VHS?

If not ...

I cannot believe how awful Columbia treats hard of hearing people!! First, they release DVDs without captioning. Then they put the captioning symbol on the case, without captioning the disc (duh). So I finally discover that the VHS version includes captioning, but now they've discontinued issuing VHS versions! :mad: :mad: :mad: This company is so rude it's almost laughable.

If anybody out there has these editions on DVD, can you tell me if they are captioned or subtitled?

Whatever

Reaction score
No, they aren't. I don't have those episodes on DVD, but I have others, and I doubt they're different. But I DO have the Steve Martin episode on VHS. I want close caption DVDs!

jediX

Reaction score
Try eBay. All of the current volumes WERE released on VHS, so your best bet would be there.

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
So they WERE out on VHS.... hmm... curious that I missed it for so long. OK, off to eBay I go... thanks for the help. :wink:

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Speaking of TMS, does anyone know offhand what DVD/episode has the one with Debbie Harry/Blondie in it? Or if it was released yet?

jediX

Reaction score
Volume 9; not released thru Columbia (IE, it's not in stores yet) but is on T/L. It also has Sylvester Stallone and James Coburn on it.

dmx10101

Reaction score
I have the complete Time Life 15 DVD set of TMS. And I'm loving it. I watch a episode a day. It's great and I hope TL eventually comes out with all of the episodes.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
jediX said:
Volume 9; not released thru Columbia (IE, it's not in stores yet) but is on T/L. It also has Sylvester Stallone and James Coburn on it.
Hey, thanks!! :excited:

jediX

Reaction score
No problem. I wouldn't expect a store release of this for a while, so you might have to get it off eBay. Most volumes sell for between $10 and $20. Or there's always the Time/Life site where you can get gorged and pay $26.

And for the record, the Debbie Harry episode is my current favorite :wink:

Whatever

Reaction score
jediX said:
And for the record, the Debbie Harry episode is my current favorite :wink:
I love that one too! I really want the DVD. I also really like the Julie Andrews episode, the Gilda Radner episode, well, the list goes on for a while. Right now I want to see the Brook Shields episode.