Muppets Take Manhattan Playing in NYC

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I just got back from seeing the documentary "Show Business" at a little independent theater on Houston St, and what do I behold on the marquee? Muppets Take Manhattan, playing at midnight on May 25th, 26th and 27th! Apparently they're forseeing a huge crowd because they're showing it three nights in a row instead of their normal two (MTM is the only movie given 3 spots). I'm planning on being there on Friday without question and I hope some of you in the tri-state area will be able to make it as well! The theater is:

Landmark's Sunshine Cinema
143 East Houston St.
New York, NY

I am SO excited! I've never seen MTM on the big screen--the closest I got was when NYU played it on a projection screen during orientation week my Freshman year. This is going to be great. :smile: :big_grin: :excited:
Oh my gosh that sounded so great i wish that they would have been able to show on the big screen , again MTM was the frist movie that i had ever saw at the movies my mom and and her mother went to see it . would love to see it on the Big screen again .

i hope that other theatres around the contury might do the same thing and show some other muppet movies on the big screen again . that would so great .

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I saw MTM in its original run.

The Muppet Movie was the first-ever film I saw in a theatre.

For some reason, I didn't see The Great Muppet Caper until it premiered on HBO.

But I tell ya: there's nothing like seeing the Muppets on a big screen!:smile:
I don't remember seeing Muppet Caper in the movies either but I clearly remember seeing MTM, Dark Crystal and I THINK Muppet Movie....never saw Labyrinth on the big screen and I SO wanted to go!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
So I saw MTM at midnight last night and LET ME TELL YOU... it was a Muppet fan's dream. :smile:

The theater was packed, and people who arrived late were stuck on the sides looking for empty seats. The theater wasn't that big (it wasn't that big of a theater house) but it was definitely filled.

The movie itself was incredible. I mean, obviously it's the same movie I've been watching since forever, but watching it on the big screen and with a packed audience was almost surreal. It was just awesome. Everyone was so energetic and the laughs were loud and hard. :excited:

Basically, I had a wonderful time, and as much as I loved MTM before, seeing it on the big screen with an enthusiastic audience made me appreciate it on a whole new level. If anyone can, I would highly suggest you make it out to the showing tonight--it really is a can't miss experience! :smile:
I'm sorry I missed this but I can understand the magic of watching the Muppets with an audience. Everytime I go to one of the Henson related events at the Museum of TV and Radio it's truly wonderful to see people who still appreciate their brand of humor and to see younger generations enjoying it just as much

muppet baby

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing Muppet Caper in the movies either but I clearly remember seeing MTM, Dark Crystal and I THINK Muppet Movie....never saw Labyrinth on the big screen and I SO wanted to go!

The very first movie that i saw on the big screen was MTM sorry i could not remember . i loved that so much , i really need to get that DVD i am going to try and see if i can do that this month he he . :smile: MTM i think is my faveite muppet movie next to great muppet caper he he . could not pick just one .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Everytime I go to one of the Henson related events at the Museum of TV and Radio it's truly wonderful to see people who still appreciate their brand of humor and to see younger generations enjoying it just as much
I've had the same experience at The Museum of TV and Radio, and yes it is so refreshing to see a wide range of ages enjoying The Muppets. Kids aren't going around saying the old specials are out of date. :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I've had the same experience at The Museum of TV and Radio, and yes it is so refreshing to see a wide range of ages enjoying The Muppets. :smile:
oh that is so great , i hope to go to the tv and radio museum some day .:smile:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah...I don't know why I missed Muppet Caper theatrically. I assume it was a big enough hit that there were promos all over TV and in newspapers. I collected the glasses from Burger King, so I was obviously aware of the film. Hmm. But once it premiered on HBO, I remember watching it over and over.

Quesal

Reaction score
If I lived in NY I would so go, but I'm stuck in Illinois! Oh, well. At least I got the movie on DVD.