Muppets Take Manhattan Wedding Scene

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
ok so while i was answering trivia questions about muppets i came across one question asking "who was kermit's best man at the end of TMTM?"
i didn't know, so i popped in my dvd... but couldn't find the answer.

i looked online and found a site with a play by play of the film text, in it it had a few lines where kermit mentions to "his best man gonzo" about why gonzo didnt play the minister. Gonzo says the guy wasn't an actor and kermit shouts "PIGGY!"... this was not on my dvd or my vhs copy, but i seem to remember it. So can anyone tell me, are these peices missing for a reason?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Where is this site?

I've never heard of this scene.... I kinda like it cutting off better, since it's just more of a subtle joke.... plus it adds the mystery to Kermit and Piggy's status as a couple.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
hummmm

ok well thats neat, but gonzo the best man i would think that it would be ethier fozzie r rolf becuas he really would seem closer to those two then anyone esls and i have never heard of this clip ethier hum thats got me wondering ask Frank Oz he would know.

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
In the storybook version of the movie, there is a picture showing Kermit talking to his best man Gonzo when he asks about the minister...so, I guess for some reason this was cut from the movie...

It's similar to "The Muppet Movie Storybook": they show a picture of S&W at the El Sleezo heckling Fozzie's standup, yet the scene didn't appear in the movie...odd.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, it would have been completely impossible for Gonzo to be the best man, because he was originally supposed to play the minister and perform the ceremony. I would assume Fozzie was the best man, because he's sitting on the front row aisle seat.

"Well, I... Well, I...."

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I would assume it would be Fozzie, just because of the connection between the two. Of course, that's just my own bias, and not based on anything substantial...