Muppets that Scared You

Reaction score
As a little kid the muppet that scared me the most was Gladys the Cow on Sesame Street. I dont know whay but i used to have nightmares of her and i would kill her all the time. It sounds corny but i used to hate it. What Muppets used to scare u????

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
When I was super little Sweetums used to scare me, just because of his size. I was a little scared he might accidently step on Kermit- I was a strange child. :cool:

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I would say Harvey Kneeslapper.His teeth and crazy laugh.Though I like Animal much better now,I recall one scene of his that kind of upset me as a child.In Kaye Ballard's episode of The Muppet Show,during the weekly chat scene,when Animal bit Kaye Ballard,she grabbed him and firmly told him that she was the guest,and that he should discuss his problem with Kermit.Animal then goes"DISCUSS DISCUSS"and beats Kermit to a pulp.The way Animal attacked Kermit in that scene upset me when I first saw it.But when I saw it again recently,I had a good laugh. :halo:

jediX

Reaction score
It's not exacly MUPPETS, but a Henson-related production nonetheless, but anyway... "The Witches" used to scare me senseless. It terrified me so much I couldn't watch it more than once when it first came out (I've since bought the DVD but havn't watched it... no, I'm not afraid anymore).

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
jediX said:
It's not exacly MUPPETS, but a Henson-related production nonetheless, but anyway... "The Witches" used to scare me senseless. It terrified me so much I couldn't watch it more than once when it first came out (I've since bought the DVD but havn't watched it... no, I'm not afraid anymore).
JediX, I completely agree. The Witches terrified me when it first came out. In particular, the scene where all the evil witches are gathered in a room and they turn the fat kid into a rat. It's been ages since I've seen it, but it still gives me goosebumps.

Fortunately, the Muppets rarely scared me. The only exception was the episode of TMS where there's a murderer loose in the theater or something. The host of the episode escapes me right now...

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Never mind. It was the Liza Minnelli episode in Season 4. Scary stuff for a kid.

SaraJayne

Reaction score
I was (and still am) freaked out by the baby muppets (not Muppet Babies). The little human babies are just so weird looking. I was also very much afraid of the Skeksis.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
I would say Harvey Kneeslapper.His teeth and crazy laugh.Though I like Animal much better now,I recall one scene of his that kind of upset me as a child.In Kaye Ballard's episode of The Muppet Show,during the weekly chat scene,when Animal bit Kaye Ballard,she grabbed him and firmly told him that she was the guest,and that he should discuss his problem with Kermit.Animal then goes"DISCUSS DISCUSS"and beats Kermit to a pulp.The way Animal attacked Kermit in that scene upset me when I first saw it.But when I saw it again recently,I had a good laugh. :halo:
Yeah, I was always afraid on Animal. Though I haven't seen the Kaye Ballard episode of late. I'll have to read the outline here when I get a chance.