Muppets Tonight characters

P

Princeton

:rolleyes: is a GREAT character, Clifford needs to go back to the Projects, Sal is abrasive, Johnny Fiama has that "I'm so cool, worship me" demeanor, Bobo is great as well: love that "remote" thing from MFS. What do YOU guys think?

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Pepe, Johnny & Sal, Bobo, and Clifford too :smile:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Clifford needs to go back to the Projects
That would have made for a very special episode of Muppets Tonight.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Pepe gets some good one-liners, but I don't think we know anything about his "character"...except that he's a greedy backstabbing little prawn who will do anything to get his way.

I don't really like Bobo...and Clifford was mis-used as a host for Muppets Tonight. I liked him on the Jim Henson Hour, but making him into some sort of lame Leno-impersonator was a big mistake.

Johnny and Sal are growing on me.

Klonoa

Reaction score
I think Pepe and Bobo are great characters. I never was too keen on Clifford but he is a unique character. What is he, a catfish? I would've never thought to make a Muppet out of that.

I like Sal better than I like Johnny Fiama. They do have some funny banter sometimes. I also like Randy and Andy Pig. I love how they explain the rules of their game in Muppet Party Cruise.

--Klonoa

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
JOHNNY AND SAL ARE GREAT PEPI ROCKS AND CLIFFARD IS COOL LIKE THAT :sympathy: :rolleyes: :cool:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I love Pepe! He makes me laugh so hard and I think he's the greatest thing to come out of Muppets Tonight.

Bobo I like too...I identify with him because everyone always calls me a big huggable Teddy Bear...and like him, I try to do what I think is right but get into trouble somehow...

I can't stand Johnny Fiama and Sal though...I don't know why, just don't.

Clifford...he's all right, but I would so much have rather had Kermit as the host of Muppets Tonight....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I like Pepe without boundary. He's hilarious.

Bobo is great because he's the bumbling-dummy on MT, and his air-headedness is so funny to me; but, if you saw the Muppets vs. Dixie Chicks on Family Feud, he's actually very smart!

I really like Johnny and Sal! They are great, and so much of their character is played out in the episode of MT where Johnny and his Ma are fighting and Sal does whatever he can to bring them back together again.

Clifford, like Elmo, got a bad wrap. Why? Here's why: We all know and love the original characters with The Muppets or on SS. Elmo isn't liked so well because he got that "annoying" Elmo's World, and took up more TV time than Grover or Cookie which we loved so much. Now, had it been Grover's World or Cookie's Place we would have been more accepting of it all--but, Elmo was shoved on us.

Same thing with Clifford. I think he's cool, and I really dig him (when he's jazzier instead of the game-show-tv-host). I think he got the bad wrap because we expected to see more Kermit the Frog on MT than we got, and we wanted Kermit to be the host again. I think Clifford is cool, I like his personality, and I like his getto-ness when he puts it on (ie, JHH and MFS).

Dr. Phil Van Neuter is a trip to me. I think I really started to like him at MuppetFest when Dr. Bunsen walked up to him and said, "May I twiddle your ear?" that was classic fun. I can't wait until a new Muppet show comes on TV and we see Bunsen and Beaker already creating an invention made to disrupt, and Phil makes it even worse! Yes, that's a 3-some waiting to happen--don't want it all the time, but sometimes it would be funny! Mulch just looks cool.

I liked Seymour the Elephant and hate that he didn't go farther than MT. Droop/Nigel was fun, too. Andy and Randy Pigs are okay...as far as I can throw them, but fun.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah, Andy and Randy Pig will never be very well developed Muppet characters, but as slapstick fun, they're great.

I forgot about Dr. Phil Van Neuter. They got that 'doctor-ish' voice down perfectly. It's hard to describe...you know what I mean?

--Klonoa
I must've missed the "Muppets vs. Dixie Chicks on Family Feud." Got any info on that?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Info? Heck, somewhere, lost in my piles of stuff, I have the shows on video!