Muppets Tonight meets Sam and Friends

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't been responding as quickly as I usually do. I am home for the summer and this computer is extremely slow. Anyhow, I am planning to start a new story. It may or may not be started soon, but here is a brief chapter.

Chapter 1

"Hey chief, I found something!"
Rizzo and Clifford were looking around the Muppets Tonight studio basement, looking for supplies of some sort.
"Riz, what exactly are these supplies we are looking for?"
Rizzo triumphantly held up a box that was labeled cheese. Clifford shook his head in defeat.
"I should have known. Now, will you and your stomach follow me back upstairs? We have a show to do!"
"OK OK." Rizzo dusted off the box and started to follow Clifford, until he spotted a door that said, "DO NOT OPEN."
"Hey chief, look what I found!"
"Aw man, no more cheese Riz. I'm serious now."
"No no no, not that. Look at that door."
Clifford walked up to the door, pressed his ear against it, and his eyes widened.
"There's something moving in there."
Rizzo gulped loud.
"Oh, would you look at the time, I should go."
Clifford grabbed Rizzo.
"Hold it rat. We need to investigate this."
They both walked up to the door.
"Now, on the count of three, open the door."
"No way, you open the door."
"Ratwhoopensthedoorsayswhat?"
"What?"
"Exactly."
"Rats!"
Rizzo turned the knob, and......................

G-MAN

Reaction score
Yes, this is getting interesting.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Here is another brief chapter. Well, a continuation of the first chapter.

Rizzo opened the door, and Clifford and Rizzo were knocked on the floor.
"Whoa man! What was that?"
Clifford and Rizzo looked up, and saw several strange looking characters exiting the door that Rizzo opened. They were all, well, abstract looking. They didn't look like anything. There was a bald guy with a sports jacket, a short guy with shades and a long face, a purple thing that looked like a skull, and many others.
Clifford and Rizzo got up and dusted themselves off.
"Yo yo, how ya'll doing? I'm Clifford, and this is Rizzo. How are you?"
The bald man shook Clifford's hand and nodded aggressively.
"Not much with words, are you?"
Sam nodded.
The short guy with the shades stepped forward.
"Hey man, I'm Harry, and this quiet cat is Sam. We are known as Sam and Friends."
"Well, welcome to Muppets Tonight."
""Muppets" Tonight? Daddio, WE are the Muppets."
Clifford and Rizzo looked at each other with question etched in their faces.
"Uh.....we are the Muppets. And what are you guys doing down here anyway?" Rizzo asked.
"Baby, WE are the Muppets, and it doesn't matter. We are going to take over your show."
It was Clifford's turn to step forward.
"Look man, I don't know who you guys are, or what you are doing down here, but you can't take over Muppets Tonight."
Harry smiled.
"Watch us."

A half an hour later, Kermit came down to the basement.
"Clifford? Rizzo? Are you guys down here? The show's about to start! Cliff......." Kermit stopped in mid-sentence, and noticed that Clifford and Rizzo were tied up, back to back on a chair.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I really like it so far,I'm looking forward to see what happens next.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I like it! I don't really know much about Sam annd Friends, but I have a feeling I will know a lot by the time this is over, lol! Plus of course, I love the characters from MT, so this is great. Wasn't Kermit also in Sam and Friends, in abstract form, of course? I wonder if that will have any affect on the story? Please update as soon as you can!

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
I like it! I don't really know much about Sam annd Friends, but I have a feeling I will know a lot by the time this is over, lol! Plus of course, I love the characters from MT, so this is great. Wasn't Kermit also in Sam and Friends, in abstract form, of course? I wonder if that will have any affect on the story? Please update as soon as you can!
Yeah,Kermit was in Sam and Friends.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Great story, love how you stay true to the S & F characters!

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 2

After Kermit untied Clifford and Rizzo, they told him the whole story. Kermit sighed and shook his head.
"Clifford, I didn't ask for much when I asked for you to host the show. Introduce the quest stars, introduce the acts, say goodnight, and try to maintain order. But this...."
He pointed to the shattered remains of the door that said "DO NOT OPEN." While pointing, his calmness suddenly left him, and he began to flail his arms.
"....this is not order! Do you two know what you have done?! You two have opened the floodgates!"
Clifford waited until Kermit took a breath.
"Kerm, what are you talking about?"
"Clifford, I know these guys. These are the original Muppets. They would do anything for a joke, and I mean anything. Put other people in danger, explosions, even guns!"
Rizzo gulped.
"Real guns?"
"No, but it still hurts though."
"You know these guys Kerm?"
"Yes. I was in Sam and Friends for six years."
"You were in Sam and Friends?"
"I know! I was young and foolish. I didn't even have a collar yet."
Clifford and Rizzo gasped.
"You were naked?"
"That's not the point! The point is, we need to get these guys back in this room before the show starts! If we don't...."
Clifford and Rizzo gulped.
"....may Jim have mercy on our souls."