1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets Tonight on DVD?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Sequelcast, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Sequelcast

Sequelcast New Member

My wife was wondering if any of the Muppets Tonight seasons are on DVD or not in the US? She really enjoyed that show growing up. I know the first 3 seasons of The Muppet Show are available, but wasn't sure about the newer series.
  2. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

No. There aren't any Muppets Tonight DVDs out. But I believe there are episodes on Youtube.
  3. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't suggest it, but there are some bootleg DVD's out there transferred from VCR's. If you are REALLY desperate, then you can buy one of those, but I wouldn't trust them 100%
  4. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  5. Sequelcast

Sequelcast New Member

Thanks, FrackleFan2012. I'll have to pull some of those up on the PS3 on my TV. I recall the Garth Brooks episode, but can't remember much of the others.
  6. Tomservo95

Tomservo95 Member

I got a really good bootleg on ioffer.com. It was pretty good quality. it is recorded from the UK disney channel run. it was pretty fun to watch one of my favorite childhood shows again! :)
  7. SesameFever

SesameFever Active Member

Does the fourm allow post of out-of-print muppet VIDEO files like they do MP3 files?
  8. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Hm, that's a good topic. You could contact Philip, who runs this place. ;)
  9. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Brian Henson did say that as soon as The Muppet Show DVDs are out then Muppets Tonight will come to DVD. I wish there was a way that perhaps either Muppet Central or Tough Pigs can create petitions to help get the Muppet series as well as The Jim Henson Hour onto DVD. I tried making petitions myself on change.org but what's difficult is getting people to sign them.
  10. CaseytheMuppet

Tell me about it. I created a petition for an Electric Mayhem album like 4 months ago, and only 73 people signed it. :sigh:
    mupcollector1 likes this.
  11. mupcollector1

How did the Fraggle Rock petition succeed? That worked pretty fast and used change.org when it was under a different website name.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  12. CaseytheMuppet

I'm not sure what your talking about. There was a Fraggle Rock petition?
  13. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

We gotta get cracking on that again. We gotta let people know about that one again. ;)

Have you ever heard of a whispering campaign?
    Muppet Master and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  14. mupcollector1

You never heard about it? It was this Fraggle Rock DVD petition, I think Tough Pigs had something to do with it, not 100% sure but it did so well that The Jim Henson Company took notice and resulted the Fraggle Rock Season Box Sets we have today.
  15. CaseytheMuppet

Really? That's cool! (Now I look at my Complete Fraggle Rock collection in a whole new perspective.)
  16. Muppet fan 123

I think it might have been the Minsdet that did it, or maybe it was both, but yeah, it was pretty cool! :)
  17. mupcollector1

How long as mindset been around. Is the site pretty up to date with their news? I hear a lot of people talk about it. I think I've been on the site here and there. More on Tough Pigs for my news and here for my forum chatting. lol
  18. CaseytheMuppet

Oh, the Muppet Mindset is AWESOME! They've been around since 2009, and post every day. They even get the news out before ToughPigs most of the time.
    Muppetboy09 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  19. Muppet fan 123

Casey said it all. I love the Mindset. If you follow them on FB and Twitter, they always have the news out before ToughPigs does sometimes.
    I follow both anyway. ;) ToughPigs is also really great!
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  20. mupcollector1

What's the website again? Is it Muppet Mindset . blogger or blogspot. something like that?

Anyway I'd love to see Muppets Tonight, the complete series box set on DVD. Great show. It was really well written, funny, very slapsticky just like The Muppet Show but I always thought it was a bit edgier from time to time, which isn't a bad think in my book. lol Should I say Spamula Humana Humana Hamerson? I really miss Andy and Randy.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.