Muppets who missed their chance

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
:smile: New chracters are always being introduced into the Muppet family and some succeed and join part of the chaos such as Pepe and Walter whilst others fail miserbaly... poor Seymour :rolleyes:

What characters in Muppet history do you guys think missed their chance of becoming part of the main group of Muppets?

For me the main three characters i would have liked to see continue alongside the Muppets are Polly Lobster, Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty. These arethe three Muppets i really wish would come back as regular Muppets. The Muppets need some bad non Moopet Muppets who have no idea what they're doing. These three are the best thing that came out of MTI and in my opion MTI is awesome.

All the MTI Muppet Piates were great new characters and alongside my top three i also would have liked Spotted Dick, Angel Marie and Blind Pew as regulars. I really like the characters both in design and personality.

MCC gave us Peter, Berinda and Betina Cratchit and although I could do without Peter i most certainly would have prefered Betina and Belinda to show up as Miss Piggy's Neices instead of her nephews (Andy and Randy Pig) Two little wanna-be-divas would have been hilarious.

Bubba Rat debuted in MFS if i'm not mistaken and i would have really liked him to have led a gang of Mafia Rats or something to that effect as i really liked that Rat. Howard Tubman from MT also comes to mind, i liked that another pig had a crush on Kermit .

And it's sad to think that Johnny Fiama and Sal now fall into this catagory, we havn't seen them since MWoZ apart from the Bohemian video right? I wish they'd come back. :skeptical:

Those are my main choices, who would you guys pick?

:grr:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I have to go for Clueless Morgan as well! He was the highlight of MTI for me seeing as I didn't particularly enjoy the movie. But one character that should have stayed on from TMS is Annie Sue.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Johnny Fiama and Sal Minella, Polly Lobster and Clueless Morgan, and Seymour (especially Seymour! He and Pepe made a great duo on "Muppets Tonight.") are my main ones.
Do Clifford and Annie Sue also count? I mean Clifford hosted "Muppets Tonight," but we really didn't see him afterwards after "Muppets from Space." And Annie Sue only appeared in The Muppet Show, The Muppet Movie (?), and The Great Muppet Caper. (Was she in The Muppet Movie? If anything, was she at least in the big group in the finale? I know she was GMC, but was she in TMM?) But I am glad she's returning for "The Muppets....Again."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Bubba Rat debuted in MFS if i'm not mistaken and i would have really liked him to have led a gang of Mafia Rats or something to that effect as i really liked that Rat.
Bubba has appeared in a few productions since, and was even referred to by name in The Muppets' Wizard of Oz. Though he wasn't a main character in any of those.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Eh, Clueless' puppet went missing, apparently, and I bet he would have made it into the Flying Monkeys at least.

Angel Marie is still around, usually as a monster now.

Clifford doesn't really count. He was in Jim Henson Hour, Muppets at Walt Disney, was interviewed on Arsenial Hall, was in Muppets celebrate Jim Henson, was in a few music videos and musical home videos, got to host Muppets tonight and appeared in the theatrical Muppets from Space and the TV special Muppets Wizard of Oz. He tottally didn't miss his chance.

Pamela, Annie Sue, Pighead, Andy, Randy, Tubman, all got shafted because Link, Strangepork and Piggy where such great characters.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Dr. Phil van Neuter, like many Muppets Tonight characters, managed to get a starring role in Muppets from Space, and MFS seems like the only major feature that has a number of cast members from MT getting decent screen time.

Mulch the hunchback, who would later become Phil van Neuter's assistant on MT, appeared as the Monster in the Nephew of Frankenstein segment of MGTTM, and a small speaking role in MWoO.

Other than that, he never managed to make any other significant appearances outside of MT....

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I wish Johnny sal and Clifford and Annie sue but we know she will be back in TM...A

muppetlover123

Reaction score
It would be funny in the new movie if Walter asked pepe what ever happened to Seymour and he responds I don't want to talk about it okays and like sobs lol

RC1979

Reaction score
I could've saw a plot in TMA that Constantie ruins Kermit and Piggy's realationship by starting a love triangel with Piggy and either Miss Mousey or Annie Sue, But filming is done, but I think Annie Sue is in the film.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Phil Van Neuter; haven't seen him since MFS. I bring him up A LOT in threads about underused Muppets, b/c he was a fun character and has a lot of unused potential, especially as a foil/ nemesis for Bunsen Honeydew.