Muppets Win a People's Voice Award from the Webbys

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what Fred needs an online show? Emperor Fred...

"SHOOO Bop!" I'd watch that.

Plus, the Muppets could use all the publicity they could get right now.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, everyone has until the end of today to vote. The Muppets Studios has requested that everyone here takes the time to vote if you haven't done so already.

Go to the Webby Awards website, register and vote. The Muppet video is in the “Online Film & Video Ballot (Music Category).” The Webby Awards are some of the most prestigious on-line awards and the Muppets need your support to bring home a win.

Beaker's "Ode to Joy" and other viral Muppet videos are here...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2008/072508.shtml

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to vote ... but I tried registering and it never gave me the activation code. I tried twice. *shrugs*
I was having the same trouble but finally found the email with the activation code in my spam folder. Just a thought.

Come on everyone go vote! We need to make sure Beaker wins! :eek:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We received the news early this morning from the Muppets Studio... Beaker's "Ode to Joy" won
"People's Voice Winner" from the Webby Awards! This is a huge deal for the Muppets and Henson fans everywhere. Special thanks goes out to everyone who voted. You made the difference.

Here's a bookmark link that will take you directly to the music category of the winners list...

http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/current_film.php#film_music

Join the celebration. Let us know what you think about the news and the other Webby winners.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WE DID IT! ! ! !

That is INCREDIBLE! What a huge step forward for the Muppets, Muppet Studios, and Disney's plan for the characters. It's things like this that keep me being proud to be a Muppet fan! It was obvious the huge voting push from us here at MC that propelled Beaker to the win! Great job, Muppet fans! We came out in full-force and showed the world we have a voice!

Now... I say we all go watch the video in celebration.

:eek:

Beauregard

Reaction score
PARTY! *swings into the thread with an armful of Muffins and a team of cloned Beaker's with violins* Congratulations Muppets! Congratulations, congratulations!

Bea:zany:{And I still claim credit for getting it linked on the front page of IMDb...As humble as I am...Mwahahahah!}regard

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I'm really glad that Beaker won. I REALLY wanted to vote for that video, really I did... but no matter what I did, and what I tried, I just couldn't access the site, and my web browsers, both of them, gave me that blank page with the status bar saying "done." I felt that if he lost it would have been my fault.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, good Doctor, clearly it was the thought that counts! And you mentally voted for the kid, and he won because of it, and you know it!

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I cant find where it says that on the website...

BUT THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!

and yes Beau- you get full credit for getting his on IMDB and probablly the win :big_grin: