Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

Beauregard

Reaction score
Indeed, I agree with you, good doctor, but as a loyal Muppet fan I will be buying teh special on DVD. I am hoping that, even if the movie is not the best, it will be better than KSY (and I bought that) and that with Muppet Fan's buying it Disney will see that people are interested in teh Muppets still and will use them more.

*shrugs*

But, still. It looks sillier, and more childish than any Muppet production to date (not counting KSY)

T

timrikthegorf

I'm not really sure why Frank Oz didn't direct. The last movie he directed (as listed on IMDB.com) was stepford wives. There is no other project listed. Maybe WoO started before Stepford wives ended?

The movie is pretty silly. Since Jim Henson died the characters have gotten very silly. MT was a really silly show. Even MTI was fairly silly. MFS was just ridiculous. Something has been missing from the productions.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Actually I've always thought that the one Oz did direct (MTM) is the least appealing of the original three. Of course it was his first film he ever did, so I'm sure a new one would be better.

T

timrikthegorf

Actually he directed Dark Crystal and The Fantastic Miss Piggy show before MTM.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
I have to agree the magic is missing, it is the writing and the directing....is like after Jim Died the Muppets slowly went back in time and become much much younger almost childish versions of them selves, as if they were just starting out. Given that Kermit was already an older frog in The Muppet Movie, (he was having a problem catching flies) I like that they all have a new lease on life. But they seriously need to grow up, and start acting like themselves and not foolish, cartoon children of there former selves. :embarrassed:

pppapazo

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
Another thing that seems strange is the shot of the silver shoes on Dorothys feet, the bricks of the yellwo brick road are tiny making Dorothy seem like a Giant.
She's in Munchkinland, and those are Munchkin bricks. I thought that was a particularly nice detail.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Munchkin Bricks

pppapazo said:
She's in Munchkinland, and those are Munchkin bricks. I thought that was a particularly nice detail.

Considering I know more about the Wonderful Wizard of OZ than most people, and often more than some OZ historians I can not think of a single reference to the bricks of Munchkin land being any smaller than normal bricks. The Yellow brick road is the main highway through out the land of oz and it is used by all people of OZ not just the Munchkins, nor were the bricks laid by just the Munchkins. Just because the people are smaller in size holds no barring on the size of bricks at all, in fact through out the book there are many references to the various peoples of OZ, and many of them are small or smaller people when compared to the humans or the non-magical fairy world.

I understand that it is foolish to split hairs; the fact of the matter is that I did not think that Dorothy was in Munchkin land, nor did I consider the bricks would be smaller. It just seemed strange to me and out of place.
:smirk:

T

timrikthegorf

You're insane. The books don't reffer to the munchkins as rats either you know.

McFraggle

Reaction score
The munckins are one of the best parts of the movie.