muppetshow season 2

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would be great if Disney would release some kind of Muppet DVD between the release of the movies and season 2. I am sure that Disney probably plans on releasing the christmas special and roast, and I'd be surprised if all six episodes of Americas Next Muppet didn't get a DVD release soon after the show ends. But it would be great if Disney released something we wouldn't expect to get a release of soon, like a muppet special (The Muppets At Walt Disney World would make a perfecct DVD release for the summer).

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I talked with some people who worked on the season one box set and they gave me some information - nothing definite, but they're working on it. Enjoy.

http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/09/season-two-too-part-1-muppet-show.html

More information may become avalible in November - after the 4 classic Muppet movie DVDs are "out of the way" (maybe new will come with those DVDs - like how the news of them came along with season 1). Only time will tell.

Jaris

Reaction score
At least i have
"all of me"
and
"you've got a friend"

on my muppet weird stuff VHS tape.

those collections would be nice on DVD.....

is it appropriate here to ask where to find someone who did/does transfers?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
My Edit Predictions for Season 2 DVD

Here are my predicitions that will be edited out from The Muppet Show Season 2 Box Set due to music licensing issues.

Don Knotts:

Song: "Sweet Gingerbread Man"

Nancy Walker:

Song: "They Can't Take That Away From Me"

George Burns:

Song: "Chattanooga Choo-Choo"

Julie Andrews:

Song: "Won't Somebody Dance With Me"

John Cleese:

Song: "Waiting at the Church" (UK Spot)

Apparently, the songs "Chattanooga Choo-Choo", "Won't Somebody Dance With Me", and "Waiting at the Church" are in three Time-Life "Best Of" DVD's as well as the same ones from Columbia-TriStar.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'm not sure if they'd cut out a UK spot, since they've been unseen for so long. But you could be right about that, if they did it for the same reason they cut out other songs. Though another reason to leave "Waiting at the Church" on the DVD set is because it's Miss Piggy's only appearance in the John Cleese episode.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How about the song "Old Black Magic" from the Jaye P. Morgan episode will be cut due to music issues?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Here are my predicitions that will be edited out from The Muppet Show Season 2 Box Set due to music licensing issues.

Don Knotts:

Song: "Sweet Gingerbread Man"

Nancy Walker:

Song: "They Can't Take That Away From Me"

George Burns:

Song: "Chattanooga Choo-Choo"

Julie Andrews:

Song: "Won't Somebody Dance With Me"

Dantecat

Reaction score
Yes TotallySpiesFan!You already post it once and it's completely straighted out no matter how many times you'll say it.:smirk: :halo:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
That is great news!

And now, here's some awful news from the same site:

"#73 - The Tinker Bell Movie - 2007 - Direct-to-video CG-animated film, in production."

Puke.