Muppety Capitalism: Muppet Monopoly coming soon

Okay! Okay?

Reaction score
Crazy Harry

Nooooo he isn't a token at this point, but I thought it too be a very fun play, in that CH showed up to blow up my answer....
which was FOZZIE BEAR!!! Believe it or not. Though the others are quite wonderful as well

O!O?
:rolleyes:

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down

Too bad Piggy's so svelte. They do that a lot in the merchandise these days. I guess they don't want to make fun of her weight. But if we make her a skinny supermodel, aren't we saying that looks really ARE important?
You mean they aren't? Gee doesn't Kermit make fun of Piggy because of her looks? And don't a lot of you here seem to get a kick out of that? :confused: :confused:

Me, I'd love to see Steve take the Kermit puppet and have him make a lot of Piggy fat jokes in front of an audience of women. Steve probably wouldn't make it out of there alive... :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by MrsKalabash
Me, I'd love to see Steve take the Kermit puppet and have him make a lot of Piggy fat jokes in front of an audience of women. Steve probably wouldn't make it out of there alive... :wink:
Unless they were women who were skinny all their lives! Then, I doubt they'd care.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I don't think Piggy was originally intended as a metaphorical representation of a woman. The notion of a glamorous female pig was supposed to be funny in the same way that the completely ungraceful ostriches were when they did the ballet in Fantasia. Now she's more of a female icon, which is fine (except that it's less funny). But if she's going to be a female icon, then let her be a full-figured female icon, instead of saying "Well, now that she's an inspiration to people, let's remind them that thinness is the true measure of human worth."

Gosh, if you dislike Piggy jokes, you must have hated most of TMS.

(Incidentally, since this is off-topic, we ought to move this discussion to another thread unless we can wrap it up in 2 or 3 posts.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
We are not FAR off topic since we were discussing the Pig on the counter. *crash* The pig just fell through he counter!!!

So going back to Mononononpoly whe exactly is it coming out anyone know? We should start a countdown of the days...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
This game is going to be perfect for the Muppet party's i host!!

I guess we don't know an exact date yet?

Zack,

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Unless they were women who were skinny all their lives! Then, I doubt they'd care.
j

Oh, they'd care all right. And why? Because it's women who get the most criticism about weight, far more so than men. Doesn't matter if the woman is Camryn Mannheim or Calista Flockhart, they get it. At a time when much of the nation is struggling with weight problems of one kind or another, fat jokes are becoming less and less okay. But if the Muppet people want to continue doing them, fine. But they well may learn that, nowadays, a joke aimed at the gut seldom gets a belly laugh. :wink:

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
I don't think Piggy was originally intended as a metaphorical representation of a woman. The notion of a glamorous female pig was supposed to be funny in the same way that the completely ungraceful ostriches were when they did the ballet in Fantasia. Now she's more of a female icon, which is fine (except that it's less funny). But if she's going to be a female icon, then let her be a full-figured female icon, instead of saying "Well, now that she's an inspiration to people, let's remind them that thinness is the true measure of human worth."
You mean it isn't? Does Janice get made fun of because she's built like a drinking straw?

Gosh, if you dislike Piggy jokes, you must have hated most of TMS.."[/B]

Frankly, I didn't care much for the show at times. And if you think that's odd, consider how poorly the show's reruns do in the ratings, which is why it's seldom shown today. Frankly I much prefer the movies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by MrsKalabash
But they well may learn that, nowadays, a joke aimed at the gut seldom gets a belly laugh.
OMG, that SOOOO got a belly laugh outta me! That is a GREAT line!!!!

:embarrassed: