Muppety Capitalism: Muppet Monopoly coming soon

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by MrsKalabash
I didn't care much for the show at times. And if you think that's odd, consider how poorly the show's reruns do in the ratings, which is why it's seldom shown today. Frankly I much prefer the movies.
If you are only a critic and don't like Piggy's weight then don't hang around on this board becasue we all think it is halarious.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
If you are only a critic and don't like Piggy's weight then don't hang around on this board becasue we all think it is halarious.
Some like TMS to MT and some like MT better

Some think Piggy's annoying whilst some love her

Some want Disney to own the Muppets some don't

we all have difference of opinions and we shouldn't tell someone to leave just cause we don't like their's

Now i agree she sometimes is a little sarcastic but where's the harm in that and it's not like the only thing we talk about is Piggy's weight, actually we never talk about it, it's very rare that we do.

Anyway i just want to say that I love fat jokes... especially when they're aimed at Pigs and don't hurt anyone's feelings

:mad: <---- I better run!

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
And no differences of opinion are allowed here? What's your prob? Didn't I say I like the movies? And FYI, I have quite a muppet collection, including the Muppet Babies figures complete with their vehicles (tricycle, race car, skateboard) that McDonald's gave away some time ago, a Kermit doll my brother bought right after he saw the Muppet Movie during its first run at theatres, (it's in perfect shape, even has the tag with the date 1979 on it) PLUS a Rowlf puppet my dad bought when Rowlf was on the Jimmy Dean show (the puppet's in good shape, too, except that it's got a hole in the front of the mouth where my dad's fingers wore through). So kindly don't tell me I'm not a Muppet fan. There are things we all like and *dislike* about them, I'm sure. I'm just stating an opinion. Sorry if that offends you.

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Originally posted by King Prawn
Some like TMS to MT and some like MT better

Some think Piggy's annoying whilst some love her

Some want Disney to own the Muppets some don't

we all have difference of opinions and we shouldn't tell someone to leave just cause we don't like their's

Now i agree she sometimes is a little sarcastic but where's the harm in that and it's not like the only thing we talk about is Piggy's weight, actually we never talk about it, it's very rare that we do.

Anyway i just want to say that I love fat jokes... especially when they're aimed at Pigs and don't hurt anyone's feelings

:mad: <---- I better run!
Thank you for supporting *everyone's* right to express an opinion. :smile:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
You mean it isn't? Does Janice get made fun of because she's built like a drinking straw?

It IS important to people, but it SHOULDN'T be.

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
You mean it isn't? Does Janice get made fun of because she's built like a drinking straw?

It IS important to people, but it SHOULDN'T be.
Well, if that's the attitude the Muppets are trying to express, and I certainly have no quarrel with the idea itself, it seems a bit hypocritical when Kermit dumps on his costar for her looks, that's all. Kind of a mixed message being sent to kids, and kids pick up all sorts of body-image stuff from the media. The frog's remarks seem to reinforce the negativity you're talking about, and given that he's also a sesame street character, that kind of makes me uncomfortable. If you're okay with it, that's fine. But after all you're an adult, and you can look past what you see on TV. Kids can't. ANYWAY - this is all I'm saying on this subject. :big_grin:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
So back to MONOPOLY...we should have a countdown, that's a good idea Beau. I have one going for days of school left and days til Harry Potter 5 comes out and I certainly should have one for days til Muppet Monopoly! :excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
And no differences of opinion are allowed here? What's your prob? Didn't I say I like the movies? And FYI, I have quite a muppet collection, including the Muppet Babies figures complete with their vehicles (tricycle, race car, skateboard) that McDonald's gave away some time ago, a Kermit doll my brother bought right after he saw the Muppet Movie during its first run at theatres, (it's in perfect shape, even has the tag with the date 1979 on it) PLUS a Rowlf puppet my dad bought when Rowlf was on the Jimmy Dean show (the puppet's in good shape, too, except that it's got a hole in the front of the mouth where my dad's fingers wore through). So kindly don't tell me I'm not a Muppet fan. There are things we all like and *dislike* about them, I'm sure. I'm just stating an opinion. Sorry if that offends you.
Sorry, I started writing my reply before I saw that you liked the movies, I thought you said just that you didn't much care for the show. :embarrassed: !!!

Sorry. I know that a couple of people have been offended by one of your posts, but you may have been jokeing. Sorry. We have had a few weirdos who only came here to poke fun at Muppets and Muppet Fans resently.

Sorry, again.

:zany: Beauregard :zany:

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Sorry, I started writing my reply before I saw that you liked the movies, I thought you said just that you didn't much care for the show. :embarrassed: !!!

Sorry. I know that a couple of people have been offended by one of your posts, but you may have been jokeing. Sorry. We have had a few weirdos who only came here to poke fun at Muppets and Muppet Fans resently.

Sorry, again.

:zany: Beauregard :zany:
No need to apologize, Beau, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I truly love the first two Muppet movies and the TV specials, especially Muppet Family Christmas, which I have on tape and watch every Xmas without fail. :smile: