Muppety wedding goodness

rurulesunc

Reaction score
Well, just thought I would give you all an update on my pending nuptuals and all of our Muppet touches.

We are getting married on Sunday (less than a week to go ack!). Before the ceremony we will be playing the "Good grief the comedians a bear" sketch to get everyone in the mood. Then I will be walking down the aisle to "He'll Make Me Happy" from MTM. After we exit the ceremony we are going to play a Statler and Waldorf sketch criticising what they just saw (of course).

My fiance is really into Shakespeare so we themed the reception as Muppets and Midsummer Night's Dream, so our table names are things like "The Great Gonzo as Bottom" The cake topper is Kermit and Piggy. Well, wish us luck!!!

April

Luke

Reaction score
GOOD LUCK - Hope he makes ya happy and the whole shebang goes off without a hitch. Sounds like a blast .....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd say 'break a leg,' but I'm scared you might; so:

GOOD LUCK!!

Too bad you don't have someone performing some bought Piggy and Kermit puppets to sing you down the aisle...or runway...or whatever it's called...

beaker

Reaction score
Wow! Now this is some cool stuff!

A Muppet themed wedding sounds like the way to go to me^_^;;

Btw, Shakespeare and Muppets? To be green, or not to be green, that is the question I ask.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I'd say 'break a leg,' but I'm scared you might; so:
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe! :smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile:

Well, congratulations on the wedding! Sounds like it'll be really fun. Muppet-themed wedding. Great!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Congratulations! That sounds like its going to be a really fun wedding! I'd like to have 'Somebody's Getting Married" playing at mine...whenever that may be!:smile: Anyway, I hope it all goes wonderfully:excited:

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
felicitations (sp?)

as someone in orlando (i don't really consider myself a floridian..more of a transplant) i hope you have clear skys and a cool breeze. may trouble stay far from your door...and good fortune lead your path....let friendship and laughter abound...and remember.... never let the sun set/or rise on an arguement :smile:

*raises a glass* Salute!

who knows...maybe someday "they " will release a Muppet/Henson compilation album just for weddings/romantic type stuff...or even a muppet wedding planner/organizer..invitations embossed with kermit and piggy...oh the possibilities....

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Gee, and my boyfriend thought I was carzy

Yeah, for wanthing a kermit and miss piggy cake topper (by the way where did you get it?)
It really cool, but I cold never get away with it. not with my family...:rolleyes: but I wish you the very best of luck, you live out that muppet wedding dream for the rest of us!

rurulesunc

Reaction score
Sorry I havent replied Krazed.... wedding stuff driving me crazy. =) My mom found the wedding topper online somewhere. I think I have seen it on Ebay when I was looking a while ago. 1 more day to go. Wish me luck!!!

See you all when I get back from Belize!!!

April

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
Congratulations! That sounds like its going to be a really fun wedding! I'd like to have 'Somebody's Getting Married"
hey maybe you can act out the whole entire song at your wedding! that'll be cool..although i'm sure some of the guest will feel a little weird doing this at a wedding!

ryan