1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Murray coming to Sesame Place

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by SSLFan, Mar 3, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Murray Monster is coming to Sesame Place!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9YFQMJ8w3o

I'm surprised it took them this long to make a walk-around of this guy, since it has been long overdue. I really wonder how he's going to look though, since he really is a very complex looking puppet, IMO.

This has me wondering, will he be making an appearance in a future Sesame Street Live show? Guess we'll just have to wait and see...
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Even though Murray was ubiquitous for at least 4 seasons now, it seems that the character is JUST getting recognized outside the show. He's just now starting to feature on merchandise. A whole line of shaped books at the dollar section of Target popped up, Hasbro's got a figure and a plush, and now this.

Though, I was kinda hoping to see what the walkaround would look like. Maybe it hasn't been completed yet.
  3. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Yeah for Murray Monster! I will agree that he is one of my favorites of the newer Muppets on Sesame Street. It would be nice if he was incorporated into the Street stories more, but he has been there sometimes.
    Cool to see him coming to Sesame Place too.:)
  4. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

How exciting. I hope they put him in the SS Live shows too! :)
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

6. zns

zns Active Member

He looks great. I'm really impressed with how the Muppet workshop created him. I wish Big Bird could have been there to greet him as well.
  7. Drtooth

They really did a good job trying to capture the character here... even the nose is more or less in the right place. Too bad there's not little Ovejita to follow him around, though.

Something tells me Ovejita is going to be the next Seymour, in terms of how Pepe became so much more popular.
  8. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

wow I knew Murray was a fun character and a more recent character to the Street, but I had no idea he had such a following. Good for him!
  9. Drtooth

It's nice to know a character that's been around over 5 years (he was unnamed for the first 2, though) actually GETS a following.

The puppet design alone is amazing on him.
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Well, one difference is that Murray was around for a few years before Ovejita was introduced. I'd say she's the next Bruno.
  11. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

WOW, they made him look good. Here I thought he would look like what he is on the show, but just woah that new look is something else. :):concern: