My Childhood, courtesy of RetroJunk

Java

Reaction score
I had forgotten about the Raccoons. And I adored Today's Special. I too watched both on Nickelodeon.

I'll have to go through tomorrow and find some of my stuff to share.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love that site, so many retro commericals! They're heart warming and remeniscent of a simpler time. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
No one seems to know the Raccoons! I loved them!
Oh yeah, they're definitely the coolest. I have a big Raccoons button that I used to keep on my old backpack and I got so many comments on it, like "Hey I loved that show!" :big_grin:

WOW!
I'm going to sound like such an old lady here.But my brother & sister were big fans of "Today's Special" when it was on Nickelodeon here in the 80sMy brother pretended to be Jeff (the dummy... meaning dressmakers' dummy.Although my brother acted like a dummy sometimes but let's not go there.:wink: )
And my sister would pretend to cast that "HocusPocus Allamagocus!" on him to make him come to life.
Now..if you'll excuse me,I must go pluck some gray hair out of my head.
You go do that!

I've never been to that site beofre...it's really cool.
[....]
Art Attack (used to watch that one alot)
Yeah I had so much fun surfing and rediscovering old cool shows that I forgot.
And speaking of Art Attack, I thought I would share, that they have a really great website with TONS of Art Attacks that you can do at home (if you have kids or little relatives, it's really great for craft ideas). I use it all the time!

Anyone here watch the "Weird Al" show? I'm a huge fan of "Weird Al" (I met him in May '07 after I saw him in concert (coincidentally I was blowing off my senior prom for that)) but never watched the show...I wished I had though, since my favorite band (Hanson) made a guest appearance on it!
I remember it! I remember seeing it on DVD in a store; you should pick it up since you missed it when it was originally on TV!

King of Eight

Reaction score
I loved Today's Special and the Raccoons! They used to play Today's Special on Nickelodeon and the Raccoons on the Disney Channel here in the states, it was awesome! No one seems to know the Raccoons! I loved them!
I loved both of these shows as a kid too, as did my hubby. And we got the biggest surprise just a couple of weeks ago when we were surfing the stations and found the Raccoons on Teletoon Retro (Canadian Cartoon Network). We try to catch it whenever we get a chance; it's the best!:smile:

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
MrsPepper: I'm aware the Weird Al show was released on DVD; it's been on my wishlist even before it was released! I just have yet to buy it or rent it! Hopefully I can next time I go home (I doubt my public library has it, but if not I can always go to Blockbuster or one of those places).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
King of Eight, the Raccoons are on Teletoon retro? I had no idea!

MeWantCookie, when you see it tell me if it's worth renting; I haven't seen it since it first aired!

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
MeWantCookie, when you see it tell me if it's worth renting; I haven't seen it since it first aired!
will do! I wonder if Blockbuster has a website that will tell me which locations have it available for rent, or if my public library has it (there's a site where I can search the virtual card catalog).