My Coffeemaker

MGov

Reaction score
I've been working on a late night show called "The Temp". It's about a corporate office where the office machines and the humans interact (talking coffeemaker, watercooler, copy machine that's in love with one of the humans, normal stuff). The answering machine and a computer terminal try to take over the office (and the world) by ordering a robot ninja online. And only the Temp is left to defend them!

Anyway, the director had arranged to have a couple of students from the Art Institute of Chicago School build the puppets for the show for course credit. They did a lousy job, weren't making deadlines. The coffeemaker they made was bad to begin with and only got worse. The director knew I could build one but we both wanted to give the kids a chance. But in the end, I built it myself.

I gave him blinking eyes, the first time I've put blinkers in a puppet. Always had a pretty good idea how to do it, just never actually did it before. It worked out great. Also, due to his position on stage, I'm performing him right-handed. Not a big deal for 3/4 of the population, but I'm left-handed and until now, I had never really made a point of practicing right-handed. I'm using a monitor so that has made a huge difference.

Enough rambling. Here is a picture of him (only one picture because, how many ways can a coffeemaker pose?).

And his name is Maxwell (it was in the script).

http://www.imageweb.info/viewimage.php?file=/2/0AO52000.jpg

wes

Reaction score
Sweet coffee pot!! Awesome job!!

shtick

Reaction score
nice job! Very cool.

If I might make a suggestion...the pupils might need a little touch up.