My collection, and a custom

CustomCreator

Reaction score
THE CUSTOM: I have been wanting to do this since I got this thing, and finally pulled it off. I need to get a switch to make it easier to turn on and off. Right now I have to take a battery out every time which you'll see is a task. Basically just drilled out the backs, added LED's, wired them up, and PRESTO! I thought they'd do a bit more to light up the stage, but they are fine for what they are. Sorry for the blurry pics, I was shooting in "night mode" to try and catch just the lights and it's hard to focus when you can't see :smile:

NOW ONTO THE COLLECTION: I need more Detolfs, that's a fact. I still have some Muppets waiting to be assembled in this thing, but I ran out of time today. The bottom shelves are just holding the boxes for now, I will be removing them, all but Scooter 8.5 graded. I plan a lot more for this display. I bought some LED spotlights and while I got them in, the company failed to send the power supply..DUH! So each shelf will have more lighting. Also, I will be getting some fabric to hang across the back of both cases to hide the wires and wall. AND...I am thinking of building a balcony to place in front of Statler and Waldorf. Any comments are welcome.

Top shelf: I wanted this shelf to be Jim with the Original crew, but I am missing Scooter and Piggy(believe it or not, I just haven't bought her yet). I would also like to add the "naked" Rowlf, but we all know what that means. So this shelf looks bare right now and a little out of place:

Second shelf: The Kitchen. I wanted this to seem like a "set" and Sweeds was waiting to film. I might take the second chef out of there because it kind of looks silly to me.

**** penguins!

Third shelf: Pigs in Space playset. I can't for the life of me figure out how those machines go together. Also still need Link and Julius

Bottom: Again, not staying here

SECOND DISPLAY

Top shelf: 2nd tier characters

Second shelf: more 2nd tier characters. I will eventually create a forest diorama for Robin and whenever I find Frog Leader Kermit

Third shelf: The band, man! Need Lips still, but I don't see where I can fit him

Tried to show how the lights work in the cabinet

Bottom: Again, not staying

Full shots:

Cool stuff so Muppies don't take a tumble:

FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

Well, that's it for now. I plan on doing a "Steppin out" shelf, a "movies" shelf with Adventure Kermit, Treasure Island, and Pops and Usher Scooter. I also want to do an exclusives and multiple character shelves.

I am boycotting the "Muppets Tonight" figures. I was never really into that show. I own them, and may will probably up put them up someday.

Victore

Reaction score
For all Muppet fans,
I've just posted on FLIcKR photo sharing - with my limited computer talents - a series of 6 Muppet Art Parodies for your perusal.
They are under the Art Pigstory label and my name v.anonsen.
I have no idea how to create a link so if you know what to do ...
Thanks,
Victor

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Very cool, CustomCreator! Impressive.. most impressive!

Is that a pic of Venom with a very large bust next to your display cases? If so... why? That would keep me up at night, and not in the good way. :wink:

karamazov80

Reaction score
Both of you have very nice collections. Congrats to you both on that. The custom lights on the Mayhem stage are cool. Now you just need to get them to move along to music and add a spotlight on whoever is singing/soloing at a given time :big_grin: . Its also funny imagining Marvin Suggs trying to play along with a band. I'm working on my collection now, and when I get a sensible collection together, I'll post some pics as well.

As an aside, however, I might debate with Moran9969 the classification of Pepe the Prawn as a "main" Muppet. . .Rizzo I can sort of accept, but I really don't consider any post-Henson Muppets as important, despite attempts by the powers that be to promote those Muppets by putting them in the movies, placing them in group shots for posters, etc. They're pretty much all annoying and weak to me, and Pepe fits into that group.

mrsieve

Reaction score
Just hope Sweetums doesnt get knocked over... lol :wink:

Teenager's

Reaction score
I REALLY like your display cases CustomCreator!

karamazov80

Reaction score
Now that I've collected a substantial number of Muppets, I took some pics as well, here are my three scenes:

the Classic crew with a few more obscure onlookers
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/srobis2/postings/P1010009.jpg
("Yaaaay!"-Kermit)

the Mayhem
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/srobis2/postings/P1010008.jpg
(the singer couldn't make it that day)

Pigs in Space
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/srobis2/postings/P1010010.jpg
(poor Quicksilver fell in battle, unfortunately)

and Rowlf alone (well, excluding his Beethoven and Prowl statues and his mini-JSA buddies protecting him from Solomon Grundy and the Icicle), as he is meant to be:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/srobis2/postings/P1010011.jpg