1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

My Elmo Replica

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Rymoore21, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

2. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

3. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Nicely well done, Ryan! Keep up with the puppet building.

Rymoore21 likes this.
  4. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

Thanks!

5. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

He looks awesome! Love the texture of the fur.. And the fur styling round the face really finishes him off :)

Rymoore21 likes this.
  6. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

This should be a higher resolution photo:

[​IMG]

7. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

Here is a quick video:

8. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Love your video! Now I know what the real tune is. The variation of the tune "Elmo's World" but originally the real song was called, "Elmo's Song." :sing: Lala lala lala Elmo's song :sing: (sighs) Tony Geiss I thought was a great songwriter and good at coming up with each SS character having their own kind of theme song.

Rymoore21 likes this.
  9. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

Thanks!

10. SweetPiggy

SweetPiggy Member

Kevin Clash would be proud!

Rymoore21 likes this.
  11. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

So Elmo's extremities were bothering me because his hands were to large, his arms and legs were too long, his feet were sloppy, and I hot-glued his nose on and it looked bad. I took a few hours to redo all of those things correctly. I made his hands and feet smaller and fingers/toes more defined, shortened his limbs, and sewed his nose on. I also thinned out his neck because it was too saggy. Let me know what you think! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  12. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

13. Tbow17

Tbow17 New Member

Hi
    That looks fantastic!! i was looking to make my own in the future. and i was wondering what pattern you used. if you could get back to me that would be great
    Kind regards, Tom

14. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

Tom, I just made my own pattern. It is a very simple pattern. I have heard that people have used projectpuppet.com patterns for him though.

15. Tbow17

Tbow17 New Member

thank you

Rymoore21 likes this.
  16. Chuk

Chuk New Member

What does it look like