My FIRST ever attempt at making a puppet...

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I don't have a name, any suggestions?

Chris

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hi fellow puppet fans and builders.

I have had the butterick fraggle rock gobo and Red sewing patterns for many years and keep thinking I must have a go at making those!!
I didn't want to just copy the patterns I wanted to tweak them to make them more Fraggly.

Anyway I bought all the stuff, wire, foam, feathers,fur and course antron fleece. My attempt at dying the fleece yellow failed and I ended up with a baby pink colour. While waiting for the proper dye to arrive I thought I might as well practice with the pink fleece. I had never tried the Henson stitch before!!
A few days later the yellow dye arrived and I managed to dye some antron yellow. But as I already started my 'pink' fraggle I bought I may as well keep going. All practice to attempt Red and Gobo.

Here is what I ended up with, it took about 4 weeks.

I have never ever attempted to make a puppet before! This is a poser and not a puppet.
Let me know what you think?

Chris
What a nice puppet you got there! I love it! :smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hopefully, within a week, I will be able to post pics of my second puppet/poser build!!? :wink:

Chris

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hi fellow puppet fans and builders.

I have had the butterick fraggle rock gobo and Red sewing patterns for many years and keep thinking I must have a go at making those!!
I didn't want to just copy the patterns I wanted to tweak them to make them more Fraggly.

Anyway I bought all the stuff, wire, foam, feathers,fur and course antron fleece. My attempt at dying the fleece yellow failed and I ended up with a baby pink colour. While waiting for the proper dye to arrive I thought I might as well practice with the pink fleece. I had never tried the Henson stitch before!!
A few days later the yellow dye arrived and I managed to dye some antron yellow. But as I already started my 'pink' fraggle I bought I may as well keep going. All practice to attempt Red and Gobo.

Here is what I ended up with, it took about 4 weeks.

I have never ever attempted to make a puppet before! This is a poser and not a puppet.
Let me know what you think?

Chris
The Fraggle puppet is so cute. Really adorable! This Fraggle should be named Ruby. Since this is your Fraggle puppet. You should probably carry it with you and maybe entertain kids and some people around you. I'm sure they may not seen Fraggle rock or other related Henson shows. So, it's up to you. I really adore your Fraggle puppet.