my first marionett

hitcher

Reaction score
hi,
well to be honest i dunno where to write it so i write it here: a couple of week ago i've bought a marionett figure (pinoccio, or whatever) but the strings were awfull (i mean i couldn't use him like that) so i "re-stringed" him tonight.....it's quite okay, anyway better than he was before.....i'm quite excited at the moment, and i wanted to share it with someone....and i thouhgt this is the best place, cuz you guys like puppet and marionett stuff

thanks for reading me :smile:

jo

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
What is the marionette a figure of? Or, if you don't like ending sentences with prepositions, Of what figure is your marionette?

I'm really trying to get myself mentally prepared to attempt a few cloth marionettes. I teach a scarf marionette in the after-school program I teach & just need to figure out a slightly more complex control for myself. I'm not terribly fond of working with wood, so making the controls are a huge hurdle for me.

Speaking of Marionette...uhh..so, yeah...I'm working in the theater on Wednesday & I turn around and Phil Huber & David Alexander walk in the door! First thing I said to them was, "Why are you here?" Fun surprise this week, for certain! Especially since we already were thrilled with Spyglass Theater coming in with their blacklight show. (ok so completely off topic..sorry..)

Do you have pictures of the marionette you re-strug?

JDAmato

Reaction score
It will be a fun project to start working with marionettes...they are VERY different than hand/rod puppets. I would be interested to hear what you have to say about your particular puppet and how easy it is to use. If you need any help getting her back in shape, let us know!