1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

My First Puppet: Brewster

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by SandPunk, Jun 16, 2016.

1. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

I'm going to apologize up front and warn you that this build will probably take me a very long time.
    I work on a chef's schedule so I have very little free time.

That said, what free time I have I am planning to dedicate to this project.

http://img11.deviantart.net/531e/i/2016/168/3/0/brewster_full_size_plans_by_kisady-da6n4eo.jpg

He's gonna be a biggun, but I never do things by halves (10ths, quarters, kicking and screaming hundredths, but not halves).

His idea started out as just a random sketch I did on my lunch break he just kinda grew on me. so here are his current full size plans. If I get acess to a scanner any time soon I'll post the concept sketches.

Mary Bird and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  2. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

Looks realy nice,do you plan doing "live hands",or just arm rods?

3. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

Interesting you should ask. I plan to make the hands removable (we'll see how that goes) so I can do both.

4. Mary Bird

Mary Bird New Member

Cool! I look forward to seeing updates of your progress (no matter how long it takes)!

5. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

Wow!,I'v never realy thought about doing this but it sounds like a great feature for a puppet,like mary bird I'm looking forward to see some updates on your progress too!;)

6. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

7. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

It looks like the link isn't working....

8. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

Dang it. Forgot my facebook settings are "friends only". I'll re host when I get off work.

9. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

Looking forawrd to it!:excited:

10. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

11. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

Looks good!I'v never seen this method for creating patterns,can you link that video you were talking about?

12. Muppetfan50

Muppetfan50 New Member

Speaking of Muppets Puppets, Can anyone make or find me a good Kermit? I'm willing to pay up to $350.00

13. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

Can do!

and

14. Mary Bird

Mary Bird New Member

So awesome, @SandPunk ! Great idea to tape over the balloon - I was using a balloon for awhile, but like a moron I was just carefully pinning foam over it. Unsurprisingly, that was not a successful endeavor. Ha! Thank you for sharing!!

15. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

Thank you! When I was in theater (my original major before I became a chef) paper mache was my fall back for a lot of things.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Working on the head. My foam is too thick to be honest, but once I attach my mouth plate it should pull his lips back in.

piggy989piggy likes this.
  16. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

if you still have trouble with the lips you can just cut the edges to the right angle

17. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

THe foam is indeed thick enough for that.

18. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

Alrightie! Some more progress has been made. Mouth plate and skull are almost complete. I need to sculpt a tongue and teeth.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Terrence Burke likes this.
  19. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

Working on the body and debating giving him some additional torso details

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And here you can see my Fiance's MLP collection as I test his fit on my arm.

20. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

The winter Holidays are killer at work, plus I got married and moved into a new house so Brewster had to be put on hold. January is kind of a dead month so I was able to break him back out and built his hands!

[​IMG][​IMG]Tuesday[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]