My First Puppet!

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first attempt at building a puppet. I have been doing puppetry for several years but have never built my own. His name is Mange E. Mutt. He is ugly as sin but he's all personallity. He's got a lot of confidence despite the fact that he's kinda slow, and he always has a runny nose. He is surprisingly very expressive for my first attempt. He has GREAT "sniffling" and "sneezing" expressions. Let me know what you think.
Dont worry, its my first attempt, you wont hurt my feelings.
CLICK HERE
And HERE
For pics.
Thanks for all the tips and info!
Trent

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi Trent!

Those links you posted didn't work, but I noticed the pics are in a Yahoo Photo album. Do you have corrected links and/or your Yahoo ID name?

Looks good from the pic in your profile though!

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Hi Trent!

Those links you posted didn't work, but I noticed the pics are in a Yahoo Photo album. Do you have corrected links and/or your Yahoo ID name?

Looks good from the pic in your profile though!
:confused: Thats funny, they work fine for me. I even tried it ata public computer. Ill try to edit the links. My Yahoo ID is trooper_trent@yahoo.com and they are public photos so it shouldnt be a problem.
corrected links are as follows.
pic 1

pic2.
Hope it works.
Thanks for letting me know.
Trent

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Thanks! Not sure why, but those new links work and the others don't. Great first attempt - are you building more?

leliebel

Reaction score
:big_grin: I think he's hilarious

could you discribe the voice of the character, or haven't you thought of one yet?

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Great first attempt - are you building more?
Yeah that was just a test while Im waiting on the ALP video and kit.

His voice is kinda hard to explain. Picture a cross between, scarecrow from "Wizzard of Oz" and the teenager that works at Krusty Burger on "The Simpsons" (the one with the cracking voice), throw in a skater kid about 13yrs old and thats getting pretty close.
LOL
Hope this helps!

doctort13

Reaction score
Great puppet!

I really like the cartoon look that your puppet has, especially his crazy eyes!

What will you be using the puppet for?

BTW -cool SW collection

trooper_trent

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
I really like the cartoon look that your puppet has, especially his crazy eyes!

What will you be using the puppet for?

BTW -cool SW collection
Right now just for church. Thats about all Im doing at the moment while I finish my Music degree. I'm a piano performance/composition major.

As for the SW collection. Thats my other passion. I love movie props, always have. I mostly collect the lightsaber replicas. I have a lot more than those pictures show (pics are kinda outdated). Im also a member of the 501st legion an Imperial based professional costuming club (hence the stormtrooper armor). It sounds really geeky but in reallity it's great fun and most of my best friends I met through the 501st. check out www.501st.com
Trent