1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

My Fraggle Replicas and Display

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by lifelongfan, Nov 10, 2012.

1. lifelongfan New Member

2. Mister Muppet Active Member

Wow cool fraggle replicas I really like them especially boober :sigh: and the display is awesome what did you make it out of
  3. Hubert Well-Known Member

Very nice replicas and display. Very realistic.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  4. lifelongfan New Member

Thanks! It's made from particle board and papermache.
  5. Slackbot Well-Known Member

Very nifty. Are they puppets or dolls? Did you make them yourself? Could you post some close-ups?
  6. lifelongfan New Member

I made them. They could have been puppets but I stuffed them:p Sorry about the photo quality I'm a newbie I just figured out how to post photos this morning.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  7. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Beautiful craftsmanship! :excited: Awesome.
  8. Hubert Well-Known Member

Very nice closeups. Also, did you make the Sprocket also? Cause I love it a lot!
  9. lifelongfan New Member

Thanks! Yes I made sprocket and he is HUGE much bigger than my actual dog:sympathy: I adapted the butterick patterns that a friend of mine had.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  10. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

That IS a wonderful Sprocket. Actually, he looks a good deal more awesome than any of the officially released plush Sprockets I've ever seen! :) :drool:

What I like about your plushes is that they don't look dead. They look really vibrant and Fraggley! Boober and Red are my favorites out of your collection. Excellent work.
  11. lifelongfan New Member

Thanks I would love to live with a house full of Muppets. I actually meant to post this in the replica forum since thats more what they are:o
  12. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I happen to like Sprocket and Boober the best. Very nice work!! :excited:
  13. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I didn't know Butterick did a pattern for Sprocket, COOL! :excited: I've got the patterns for Gobo and Red, but have yet to make them. I've made lots of stuffed animals for my Son, but haven't ever used a pattern before. I wonder, would you be able to share the pattern for Sprocket? If not, no worries.

Your collection is amazing! Cheers,
    :)
    Anthony
  14. BooberGypsy Member

Beautiful craftsmanship! I sew and I can't imagine how long these took you! Just amazing, you can tell you put a lot of love into them as you sewed them. They are fantastic ^_^

P.S. I love the Boober XD
  15. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Hey lifelongfan, I'm curious about a couple things!

1. Did you make these guys for cuddle purposes at all, or largely display?
    2. Kind of related to the above question, what material makes up the Fraggles' hair? Is it ostrich fringe? Because for cuddle purposes I could imagine that being pretty...hm, what's the word? Frail?

The hair does look pretty nifty, whatever it is. Especially considering that most all the released plushes haven't seemed to know what to do about the hair texture :D Hee
  16. lifelongfan New Member

I would be happy to share it but it's so huge I hade to cut some of it then glue it to 2 pieces of poster board. Maybe a picture with the dimensions. I also would be happy to share the different heads I made for :coy::sigh::dreamy:
    KermieBaby47 and Plaid Fraggle like this.
  17. lifelongfan New Member

Pretty much display because you guessed it the ostrich feathers are fragile especially because I used individual feathers and cut them up because I could buy them with coupons(I'm really cheap) I think the prestrung fringe would be alot studier.
  18. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Thank you! Coupons for ostrich feathers?! Now THOSE would come in handy :D
  19. Mraven322 New Member

I would definately love to see the patterns you made,I love the Fraggles..just bought the compete fraggle collection and haven't stopped watching them
  20. lifelongfan New Member

my local craft stores always have 40% to 50% off coupons and they are on my way to almost everywhere all my Fraggle materials were bought with coupons. It's the American Way :attitude: