My Grandfather passed away last night...

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Just as we were settling into bed last night the phone rang a little after 11. My mother called to tell me my pawpaw was being rushed to the ER and it didn't look good. Almost a million times he has called the ambulance and stayed a few days in the hospital and returned home...but this time was different, and for some reason I felt that. I grabbed a jacket and went in my pajamas. My folks and I arrived as they wheeled him in and no more than 5 minutes they called us back to the consult room. If you have never experienced this......you pretty much know when you are immediately taken to the consult...the results are not good. About 1 minute later the doctor came in and said they did all they could. He had bad lungs and heart to begin with. He had problems breathing last night and when the firemedics arrived his lungs were so tight they had to tube him as soon as they got there. Due to the lungs not being able to expand, they couldn't pump blood to the heart, which caused him to have a heart attack.
In the last month of his life he begain going to church. He requested last week that he be baptised so we called the Preacher at 11:30 and he performed a baptisim after he passed. I know that he is no longer suffering and he is in a grand place right now....but it still hurts. I have cried and cried. So if I am not up to par the next few days....I just wanted to let you all know why.
Remember to hug and kiss your loved ones...you never know when you'll lose them.
Hugs to all my friends here at Muppet Central.

God Bless,
~Angela :cry:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh, sb; I'm so sorry to hear that. (((((hug))))) It's so sad, but what a beautiful story. When my grandmother passed away, I realised how important she was to me, so I always tell my friends to cherish everyday with their loved ones. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I lost my papaw too (yes I too call him papaw). He died on April 1 last year after spending 7 years in nursing homes. :cry: He's the first human relative I've ever lost before.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry! I know how aweful the first night can be by itself, never mind the next few months or so!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh Angie, I'm so terribly sorry, I know how you feel, my grandfather is very ill right now. I'll keep you and you family in my prayers Angie.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that SB. I had my Papa pass away several years back and I know how you feel. I'll pray for your family every night. (((HUG))) (((HUG)))

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Thank you everyone.......your prayers and well wishes are much appreciated!

~angela

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about that! It's so hard when it's so sudden like that, doesn't give you much time to prepare. I will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

Katzi428

Reaction score
((((Angela))))
I can't tell you how sorry I am.I'll be praying for you & your family. I want you to remember though that your grandfather is out of pain & will be smiling down on you in Heaven.:sympathy:
Just remember all the good times you had with him.
Kathy

BEAR

Reaction score
You are in my thoughts.:smile: