1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

My Homemade MissPiggy

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by piggy989piggy, Mar 6, 2016.

1. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

Hi guys!

So I opend a few threads before cause I needed tips for my "MissPiggy building project"

And I am realy close to finish it,I'll let my little sister to use it for haloween this year and then I want to sell it,so I was wondrering if you can tell me what more or less her value is...

Of course I need to finish a few more things like the color of her legs(yes I know the color of her face is too dark but that was my best option)

P.S I'm not a pro builder actually this is my first puppet does this change her value?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139049044@N05/with/24935133434/

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Not bad for a first attempt. she looks really huge!

3. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

She looks really great for your first. It really reminds me of the first puppet I made which was my first Animal Replica - he looked good but had a head about 50% bigger than he should have which meant his body also had to be bigger. But her features are pretty much spot on.

4. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

She looks pretty darn good! :)

How did you end up making her?

MikaelaMuppet and piggy989piggy like this.
  5. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

I craved her out of foam and spray painted everything

Can any of you tell what her value is?...

MikaelaMuppet and FoxWorthy like this.
  6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I am thinking maybe somewhere around $200 to $300? I guess the best is to put it on ebay with a reserve and see what it brings.

7. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

I agree, list her on ebay and see what she brings.

SO what type of spray paint did you use? I'm surprised at how good spray painted foam looks. I thing she could use some shading and highlights, it would really make her pop! Maybe use a brush or sponge and sponge it on very lightly.

What happens when you scrunch her mouth? I'm wondering what she feels like once the paint is dry. I may have to attempt your method. :)

8. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

thanks for the tip I'l try that!

I use rust oleum sparypaint they are very good I use them for everything

if I'l scrunch her snout It will be just like an unpainted foam the color doesn't efect the movement

9. propologist

propologist Member

But over time it could make the foam Degrade/Crumble sooner than later.

10. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

I see, thanks. I was just a little worried about the paint drying and then developing cracks if she is scrunched.

I'm eventually going to try this out but I'm going to use 'krylon' brand, color 'ballet slipper' and then highlight it with acrylic. I've already made her eyes and have them tucked away.

I'm just trying to figure out if she should be carved with a closed mouth or partially open? :confused:

11. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

Actually I have made another piggy head and it went realy bad because I painted her too much and it coverd the hole foam that made her realy hard to move and lots of cracks,so be carefull with that and paint only 15-20 cm from her head ...

if you wanna highlight her face with acrylic I suggest to mix the acrylic
    with water so you won't have the problem I had with my previous piggy...or you can use makeup I used differnt types of bronzers from my sister,worked realy well,but you will have to fix her makeup once in awhile

P.S I'd love to see some process of your piggy! If you need any help with craving her or anything else just ask:)

FoxWorthy likes this.
  12. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

Oh and you should make her mouth open just a little bit you can see how I made mine in the photos

FoxWorthy likes this.
  13. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

I'd love to hear your advice on carving. Better yet, you should make a new thread of another Piggy build and video and document it! :) :)

14. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

actually I realy wanna build a foam latex version of her I'l take photos of the clay modeling,if you'd like I have some photos of piggy in the carving process...

15. JeffJackson

JeffJackson New Member

i know this is late but if you paint foam you want to use floral spray paint.. its much more flexible than the run of the mill paint. that being said I haven't actually tried it yet I've just read and watched some videos where people have had it work great.

piggy989piggy likes this.