My Killer Robot.

TommyTheMad

Reaction score
I am making a Killer Robot Puppet, for a goofy short film I'm making about a guy fighting Flying Saucers in his back yard.

Here's his head.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
that looks great! How did you make it? I can't wait to see it when it's finished. Also, I hope you post your shot film online, I would like to see, sounds intresting. Good luck!

practicecactus

Reaction score
This is excellent stuff so far. I'm really diggin it.
It'd be awesome if you had a red light come on over the blue, behind the mouth when you talked, like robbie the robot. Not sure how hard it'd be to make a voice activated light though.

This is inspiring me to finish my little soda can robot puppet.

TommyTheMad

Reaction score
I will hopefully have this robot puppet / costume done in about a month. I have some obligations to take care of before I move on with it. The lighting for the mouth will change, as per a momentary on off switch that will be hand activated like a puppet. I'm not sure if this really qualifies as a true puppet or not, but there will be some puppet elements used in it.

The short film is going to be about saucer men from mars, and this guy who is simply trying to enjoy his day off.

TommyTheMad

Reaction score
I'm hacking out the body in Foamcore right now, and will likely give it a gel coat of fiberglass.

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Wow. I love him. He reminds me of the other big eyed robots that appear alongside Bender in Futurama - will his light for a mouth flash when he talks?

TommyTheMad

Reaction score
Wow. I love him. He reminds me of the other big eyed robots that appear alongside Bender in Futurama - will his light for a mouth flash when he talks?
Yep. It's just a momentary on off switch. The lights will actually change colors too.

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Oooooohhhh

changes colour too

yummy :smile:

look forward to seeing it finished