My mum's got a date

Vibs

Reaction score
... yes. Can you believe it?! I can't. I just... I mean... okay I'll start from the beginning:

You know my parents just or well 3 months ago got a divorce. And now my mum's got a new man. Well, not a man but a boyfriend... and I don't wanna believe it. She just told me at the dinnertable. So I just ran up here in my room, locked the door and started... freaking out. And the worst thing was that my mum looked so darn happy when she said it!!

I know it may sound selfish but she is NOT going to get a new man, I already hate him. I can't believe this. Not for a bit. Why do parents have to be like that? Hurting their children over and over again? Like the divorce wasn't hard enough. I don't ever want to meet this guy never never never!!!! Frankly, I don't know what to do. I used to have a perfect life, now everything except my friends seems sooo... I dunno. I don't want people to think about my mother as some terrable woman who hurts her kid, but right now that's the only way I see her. And I know she's not like that but...

... Have any of you tried this? And what on earth did you do?

~Vibs.

BEAR

Reaction score
*Hugs for Vibs*

Keep in mind...your mom is not trying to hurt you and she is not doing anything terrible or wrong. Your parents obviously separated because something wasn't working in the marriage. They weren't happy with each other anymore. You mom is finding someone that she is happy with. I know it can be hard for you because it isn't your dad and it will take time. Just imagine how hard it must be for the new guy to meet you too. Its scary. He could turn out to be a great guy! Try and support your mother as best you can. If there is really something about the guy that rubs you the wrong way, talk to your mom about it. She needs to listen to your feelings as well. Let her know.

Goodluck! You will be okay.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
what will she do when you are gone off to collage or something , be lonley?

i know it's hard but some people need other people she told you because you are importaint and she wants to include you in here life

Vibs

Reaction score
I know, I know. And I may be overacting this, but I never tried all these things before so I'm kinda shocked. I know things could be worse and I try to be optimistic - all the time. But right now I'm just rather upset. But not sad upset, well also that but more like... angry.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hang in there, I'm sure it's really hard right now, just try to remember that your mom still loves you. In the meantime, know that I'm thinking good thoughts for you and sending them your way.

Vibs

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
are u able to date yet? not for me just wondering
Well, I guess I am.

J/K: I'll be over in 374 hours oka hon?

I'm gonna kill that alter ego.

:stick_out_tongue: