My newest projects

PuppetMad

Reaction score
Very impesive puppets, i would love to build puppets like that.What are they filled with, are they covered in felt? Also do you make the clothes?

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Thank you! They are your basic foam and fleece puppets. It is basically a "skeleton" made of sheet-foam, then covered with fleece. I use felt for the mouths. This forum is a great place to start--it helped me learn. It just takes time, trial, and error. I still am not as good as I would like to be but I learn something new with every build. And remember, the biggest part of puppet building is creativity--there are no rules--no rights or wrongs. You don't need to go out and buy high-end materials, especially while learning.

Rymoore21

Reaction score
I don't make clothes. I use children clothes size 12 months or 2T.

PuppetMad

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, off I go to attempt my own ( this wont end well )

Rymoore21

Reaction score
haha, good luck. Don't be discouraged. You should have seen my first attempts. Biggest advice--use as little hot glue as possible. Sew everything on as much as possible. Some people say to hot glue the mouthplate in....don't do it. Sewing that mouth seam turns out so pretty lol.

WillyThePig

Reaction score
haha, good luck. Don't be discouraged. You should have seen my first attempts. Biggest advice--use as little hot glue as possible. Sew everything on as much as possible. Some people say to hot glue the mouthplate in....don't do it. Sewing that mouth seam turns out so pretty lol.
I love the way the sewn mouth turns out...if its done right obviously. I admit that I sometimes use hot glue as a shortcut...but I'm proud to say that the last puppet I made was completely needle and thread handsewn! Yay