my next puppet

RubbeRoomStudio

Reaction score
What do you think???

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e203/n1ghtmar3X/puppets/GrimReaper004.jpg

This Grim Reaper/Skeleton is going to pass out candy at my front door for Halloween.

His head stands at 16" tall (right now. i might shave some off). He is going to be human hand operated, the other is going to be stationary holding his scythe... i'll post more details as he readies himself for halloween...

if anyone has suggestions, i'm welcome to constructive criticism

mrhogg

Reaction score
That's a neat head shape, Rubbe. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress!

wes

Reaction score
It Grimm off the Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy. It looks good

mrhogg

Reaction score
Ah, yes. It's all coming together. It's a good likeness.

biblebetty

Reaction score
I like it. looks like a good start. can't wait to see it finished

RubbeRoomStudio

Reaction score
really though... That is not the way i started it, but now that is what he is resembling... i used to draw skulls like that before i saw Billy and Mandy... i love that show... i looked at pictures of them together today and realized 2 of the project puppet patterns resemble Billy and Mandy... But i'm probably not going to do it... i don't love the show that much... i just wanted to do a Grim(m) Reaper

Thank you all for your compliments... i will have updates reall soon... the head already looks different from the first pic

RubbeRoomStudio

Reaction score
*update*
Here is a new pic of progress.. since i realised it did look like Grimm, i added the spikes today...
So far he is going to have eye sockets with fabric inside the head instead of felt or whatever outside for eyes... the nose is indented as well...
this is the final mockup before i start the fleecing process... i wish i could lightly flock it though... i think that would look better, But "ya work with what ya got." i'm going to put a gallery link in my signature soon for picture updates of The Grim Reaper. i will be updating here too...
Thanks for the positive comments everbody
This is a real great forum to be on