My Obsession actually got put to good use yesterday!!!

SammieRose

Reaction score
As most of you know (and if you didn't, where've you been?), Steve Whitmire is my favorite Muppeteer of all time. But I've never been able to put any of the info I know about him to good use until yesterday!

I was at Brent's step-grandparents (do grandparents get the little "step" prefix?) house after church yesterday, and his little brother, John, was watching Muppets From Space (no, I did not force him to watch it..... but I didn't argue and his dad even said "I'm sure there's someone else here that wants to watch it...") So we're watching MFS and Mrs. Smith (step-grandmother is just too long..... I'm sorry I'm lazy, I'm just going to use her name) said "I wonder who does the voice of Kermit now, because I know that Jim Henson used to do it." Brent just looked over at me and supressed a laugh. I smiled and said "The guy's name is Steve Whitmire." That's all. I wanted to add that he and Jim share a birthday (because I've always thought that it was an interesting thing) but I bit my tongue. So then Mr. Smith said "I'm sure it's they just do something with a computer to make it sound that good." Now I *really* bit my tongue there. But I was happy that I got to share the little bit that I did.

.....so it wasn't the deepest trivia in the world..... but it still made my day!

gymkatarules

Reaction score
You should have spoken up! Now he'll always believe that it's a computer doing all the work. Oh, well. Cheers, though. I've always thought that it doesn't matter if the puppeteer's voice sounds exactly like the original Kermit, Fozzie, or what have you, as long as they do the character well. Whitmire's always been good at that, I think.

-Chris