My one month anniversary

Puckrox

Reaction score
Hey guys. Puck here (ie. Julia). So, today marks my one month anniversay of being here, apart of the MC family. I must say, what an interesting month it's been. A lot has happened for me on this forum. I joined Hensonville, I got my hands on some much needed Muppet MP3s, met lots of people, made a friend or two, wrote and shared my Muppet slam poem, read a couple (great) muppet fanfictions, and so much more. This month has been very Muppet filled, and I couldn't ask for a better way to start off 2011.

Normally I'm pretty flighty when it comes to obsessions. They come one day, then a couple weeks later they're out the window, which is why I'm usually so cautious about joining up with groups online. But when I joined up with MC, I didn't feel hesitant at all. This place is wonderful. Everyone on here has been so nice and I felt like I fit in almost right away. I know the MC Revival topic was started with the notion that this board wanted to return to its old roots and be just as silly/welcoming/whatnot as it was in the past and I think that's definitely being accomplished. In my personal life, while all my friends accept and even enjoy the fact that I have such a large adoration towards the Muppets, no one really understands it. Here I can rant about favorite muppets, the muppeteers I respect the most, which Fraggle I would totally date (answer: :coy:), what I miss about Sesame Street, and so on and so forth. MC forums have become like a second home for me - on the internet that is (it's like a home away from facebook!).

So... yeah! Thanks everyone for helping make the start of this year so magical. I hope to be here for many years to come. :insatiable:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Happy anniversary! You think this is somethin' though; wait 'til you've been here a year! As I recall, it took me almost a year to work up to 400 posts, and then it just exploded from there! Yep, sounds like you're doing what a lot of us do, coming for the muppets, staying for the friendships. A lot of times when hanging out on, or even thinking about MC, my mind would hardly be on muppets at all, but rather on this or that thread, or what my friends were up to. And speaking of which, yes, with the new year I do feel a new energy, both on the forum and in general, and I like it!
:smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I am SO glad you feel so welcome here, Puckrox, and I'm glad you're around!

MC is definitely good for making Muppet obsessions a permanent thing. Back in middle school, I was obsessed with James Bond, and that sort of faded away, and then I sort of faded into my Muppet obsession... for ALL of high school, my family was just wondering how long it would be before I lost interest. Four years later (how crazy is THAT?) they've figured out that the Muppets are a permanent part of my life. MC was definitely a factor in that!

Anyway, I'm glad you feel like a part of the family--and that the "family" feel is finally returning to MC! Hope you stick around for a long, long time.

And I borrowed some adhesive from Bunsen to make sure you do.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, those were my thoughts when I first joined up. I was happy as a clam that I finally felt I was somewhere I could belong.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I feel the reason that the muppets don't just "go away" for us is that it's more than just a thing. It's more than just a TV show, or one or two fun stories we can enjoy, and then forget about after a little while. It's a philosophy, a way of life in some sense. Very few other franchises, at least in my experience, have a whole moral or belief system we can cling to, as well as having enough stories, talent, and evolution to keep us going. That is to say, the new muppet news and projects that are happening all the time.
:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yay! Happy Anniversary! Glad to have ya here, Puckrox:smile:

Pork

Reaction score
Happy anniversary! It's been great having you as a part of the forum :big_grin:

*throws confetti and muffins*

Puckrox

Reaction score
D'awwww, thanks! I love spending time with you guys! It's such a treat! <3

*devours confetti and juggles muffins*

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Happy one month, Puckrox! I'm glad you like it here!

Junior Gorg: And I'm glad you're not one a' 'dem pesky Fwaggles!

Anyway, we're glad you're here!