My Own Muppet Artsy Stuffz

Xerus

Reaction score
I loved all your Sesame Street drawings, Snowthy. :smile: Especially the Back to the Future pic where you showed us the classic angry Bert.

And I liked the Christmas Even on Sesame Street drawing with Big Bird asleep on the roof. That's exactly how I remember the picture from the book I had when I was a kid.

And I liked your newest drawing too. Is Oscar drinking mud?

Great job and I can't wait to see more drawings from you, Snowthy. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy, I am just really overwhelmed at how Chester A. Bum moving in next door to Oscar (in his own box) has literally become an overnight sensation.

I had no idea it was going to turn out to be such a hit with people, but then again, Santa Cookie turned out to be a bigger hit than I anticipated as well.

Nice to know I'm finally getting some recognition for something besides Chipmunk art, and this time, not just Muppets, but That Guy With The Glasses as well.

BUM: Hey neighbor, what are you watchin' tonight?
OSCAR: "The Sewers of San Francisco"
BUM: OHMIGODTHISISTHEGREATESTMOVIEI'VEEVERSEENINMYLIFE!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, here's something I dug out of my closet earlier today...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k290/snowthbo/tshirtdesign.jpg

This requires some explanation...

Now, as some of you know, ETPtv - now ETPBS, used to do pledge drives in the afternoon for children's programming, called "Friends of Sesame Street" (and as some of the some of you know, Steve was a fixture for a short while on the pledge drives); when kids had their parents call in their pledges, as a thank you, the kids always got a t-shirt, and other assorted goodies (most circus tickets and Chick-Fil-A coupons and such). Well, anyway, what you're seeing above is basically a rough design I worked up for a t-shirt for a pledge drive: I submitted it to my colleagues down at the station, but the only feedback I received was a "We'll think about it."

Needless to say, we haven't had one of those FOSS pledge drives in years now, so the design was never used either way, but I can't help but wonder if they felt uncomfortable with the design because of Ernie and Bert being arm-in-arm, in front of a sunset. I was basically thinking what better way to illustrate FRIENDS of Sesame Street than with the street's most famous best friends?

Anyway, like I said, this is just a rough design, with no caption or anything, but I'm thinking about doing a newer version, and properly edited via Fireworks (my answer to Photoshop) and such to see how it would really look as a t-shirt design... I'll keep you guys posted.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, here's something I dug out of my closet earlier today...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k290/snowthbo/tshirtdesign.jpg

This requires some explanation...

Now, as some of you know, ETPtv - now ETPBS, used to do pledge drives in the afternoon for children's programming, called "Friends of Sesame Street" (and as some of the some of you know, Steve was a fixture for a short while on the pledge drives); when kids had their parents call in their pledges, as a thank you, the kids always got a t-shirt, and other assorted goodies (most circus tickets and Chick-Fil-A coupons and such). Well, anyway, what you're seeing above is basically a rough design I worked up for a t-shirt for a pledge drive: I submitted it to my colleagues down at the station, but the only feedback I received was a "We'll think about it."

Needless to say, we haven't had one of those FOSS pledge drives in years now, so the design was never used either way, but I can't help but wonder if they felt uncomfortable with the design because of Ernie and Bert being arm-in-arm, in front of a sunset. I was basically thinking what better way to illustrate FRIENDS of Sesame Street than with the street's most famous best friends?

Anyway, like I said, this is just a rough design, with no caption or anything, but I'm thinking about doing a newer version, and properly edited via Fireworks (my answer to Photoshop) and such to see how it would really look as a t-shirt design... I'll keep you guys posted.
Gee whiz guys, was it really that bad? Sometimes I get the feeling that nobody even gives a crap about my creative endeavours here anymore... like with my SST scale model, everybody was all excited when I announced I was finally going to share pictures, then when I do, hardly anybody's said anything. :stick_out_tongue:

Well, let's see if any of you guys like this one better, I went ahead and started working on the new updated version of the design earlier in the week, but I gotta tell ya, it was really a pain to do as a PNG, and making sure the image had an alpha transparency (that way, the design can be put on just about any color background). See if you like it better any better than the original...

http://simanettefan.deviantart.com/a...sign-203154562

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gee whiz guys, was it really that bad? Sometimes I get the feeling that nobody even gives a crap about my creative endeavours here anymore... like with my SST scale model, everybody was all excited when I announced I was finally going to share pictures, then when I do, hardly anybody's said anything. :stick_out_tongue:

Well, let's see if any of you guys like this one better, I went ahead and started working on the new updated version of the design earlier in the week, but I gotta tell ya, it was really a pain to do as a PNG, and making sure the image had an alpha transparency (that way, the design can be put on just about any color background). See if you like it better any better than the original...

http://simanettefan.deviantart.com/a...sign-203154562
Boy, you guys sure are killjoys anymore. :rolleyes:

Okay, here's the real thing, for real this time... so much for that.

http://simanettefan.deviantart.com/art/Friends-of-SST-T-Shirt-Design-203154562

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
That's awesome! Also I love how you also did the Chester/Oscar crossover! That one of my favorite TGWTG fanart!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Wow, Snowthy--I knew you were creative but I did not know that you could draw so beautifully. Well done, dear. I hope you'll do more.

(And thank you, AlittleMayhem, for bumping this thread up where I could catch up with it!)