My own Saturday-morning TV promos and IDs with cartoon Muppets!

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there were any Muppets in TV promos or IDs reminding us to watch a particular show or channel (I know they were seen in film clips in some promos, though), but here's a couple I came up with:

(First, "Come Home to NBC '87" featuring the cartoon Fraggles, with Gobo :smirk: on lead vocals)

(We see Traveling Matt [the live-action one, not the cartoon one] walk up to an old film camera, observing it)

TRAVELING MATT: Hmm... look at this odd little machine! I wonder what it does? (He turns the machine on, a whirring sound is heard, and the opening notes to the campaign's tune are heard. We then see Gobo wearing a "Saturday Night Fever"-esque outfit)

CARTOON GOBO: (singing) Have you heard about a place where everything is pure excitement?

OTHERS: (singing) NBC...

CARTOON GOBO: (singing) It's a place where we can have a good time, it's all the fun... come on home!

OTHERS: (singing) Come home... come on home...

TRAVELING MATT: (to himself) Why are they dancing and singing so weird like that? Oh, well. (he gets up on stage and dances with them)

CARTOON GOBO: (singing) It's the best place where we can be on Saturday...

OTHERS (singing): Come on home... come on home, come on home...

ALL (but Traveling Matt): (singing) Hooooooome... to NBC! Come on home!

TRAVELING MATT: That was a very cool song, nephew! (chuckles)

(Finally, a localized "We've Got the Touch '85" ID for KPIX featuring three of the Muppet Babies)

(We see Fozzie :embarrassed: playing with his blocks, then he turns to the camera as we see the line-up to his left, and the KPIX logo below)

BABY FOZZIE: Hi ya, hi ya, hi ya, everybody! I'm Fozzie and you can watch Muppet Babies and the Get-Along Gang Saturday mornings on KPIX, Channel 5 in San Francisco! Wocka wocka! Aaa-Aaah!

(Piggy then slaps Fozzie in the face with a pie, then Rowlf is seen singing "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" on his piano, but gets interrupted when the scene changes to the animated "We've Got the Touch" ID for KPIX [with the Group W-font "5" shining at the end])

SINGERS: (singing) We've got the touch, we've got the touch, we've got the touch on Channel 5!

What do you think? Maybe you guys can come up with ones yourself. :wink: