My portraits

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
I love to do pencil portraits. I have been doing them for about ten years now, and I have made a good bit of cash from them. I especially enjoy drawing children, but I like to do celebrities as well. I thought I would share some with you guys. I just have this one for now.

I did this Orlando Bloom portrait for someone who decided they didn't want it. So I stil have it. It's 8x10 pencil on Bristol board.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/Pittguy_76/dca9b0a1.jpg

D'Snowth

Reaction score
DANG! That is GOOD! No... GREAT! That is AWESOME! Reminds me of the portrait I did of Kathy a while back.

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
Thanks. I have tried pastels and colored pencils, but with not much success. Pencil seems to be my medium. Color is a lot harder to do lol.

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
Yeah, I would like to invest in some quality art software. I just have a hard time making that transition. I would like to see your stuff too. Feel free to post in this thread.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh I hate coloring. I completely color in Photoshop now. Draw the art in traditional medium, then scan it in the computer. I only enjoy coloring with colored pencil because of the control of shading. But it's so grainy and lacks the smoothness of ink.

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
Do you use photoshop? Or are there some other programs you might recommend?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well, I went to school for both illustration and graphic design, but I've only ever used Photoshop. A lot of people sing praises about Microsoft Paintshop Pro, but that's almost as expensive as Photoshop.