My Puppets on The View

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
So...in case you don't read it in any of the other 50 places I've posted it...I just got an email (about an hour ago?) that my puppets are on "The View" today!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Thanks!

It was just on here on the west coast. HORRIBLE puppeteering! I'll send the link once I find it online tomorrow :big_grin:

spcglider

Reaction score
WOW! Congrats!

Were they puppeteered by the cast of the View or by others?

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
i'm not sure who did the puppeteering. I just watched it again a few times. They've had the puppets for over a year now, & I think maybe they weren't stored right or something...the hair on some of them was flat-out frightening & the puppets look like they'd been squished! EEP!

Overall I'm super duper amazingly happy!

Here's a clip, but it doesn't show my favorite part, which is when Barbara Walters says how cute they were :wink:

http://insidetv.aol.com/2010/03/18/the-view-reimagined-with-hand-puppets-video/

Melonpool

Reaction score
That's is super cool! Did they contact you about getting puppets or did you send them inon your own? I'm always curious about how people that do what we do get discovered. I'm sure we all have some crazy stories.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Etsy.com actually commissioned me to make them over a year ago as a thank-you gift to Joy Behar for taking some time to write an article for their blog; in it she mentioned that she used to make papier mache puppets as a kid. So I sent them off last Feb. or March & heard nothing until about 2 weeks ago, in which all I was told was, "watch it on the 18th."

They did do a "promotional consideration provided staceyrebecca.etsy.com and macy's" at the end, and that was super cool!

Toasty

Reaction score
Awesome work, Stacey! The character likenesses looked great. You really nailed Whoopie and Barbara's wide-set eyes. Too bad the puppet performance was so shoddy (they probably handed the puppets to a few interns 5 minutes before recording).

Melonpool

Reaction score
I idn't think the puppeteering was terrible -- at least none of them stared off into space. The biggest problem was lipsynch, but even that wasn't terrible.

I hope this generates a lot of business for you!