1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Name my Fruppet!

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Rymoore21, Oct 11, 2012.

?

Does he look too much like Elmo?

Yes 1 vote(s) 16.7%
No 1 vote(s) 16.7%
Kinda, but you can make it work. 4 vote(s) 66.7%

1. Rymoore21 Active Member

I built this guy last night. Unfortunately, I feel as if he looks too similar to Elmo so I am having a hard time developing his persona. Shoot me some name ideas and maybe voice ideas (deep, high pitch, gravelly, etc.).

Thanks!!!

Ryan[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. Rymoore21 Active Member

So I decided that his name is Charlie--pronounced "Chah-lee." I gave him a gravely and enthusiastic voice. Let me know what you think![IMG][IMG]

And for a video:
    Zoot the Saxer likes this.
  3. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

He doe look a little like Elmo. But in a different way.
    But I strongly think you can make it work. It's doesn't look like him enough that if you decided to make money off this puppet Sesame Workshop would sue you.
    I think looking like Elmo might even be a strengh for you. It might even make it funnier.
  4. Rymoore21 Active Member

Yeah, originally I was thinking of making his character an (unsaid) uncle to Elmo named Uncle Elmer. He would be the typical loser uncle (we all have one). Maybe an alcoholic or an implied addict. I am also wondering if I should change his nose to purple or blue and giving him more hair. Can't decide on black hair or yellow hair. :smirk: