1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Natalie Portman taking over Hooper's Store

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Cheebo, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Cheebo

Cheebo New Member

We know from episode summeries that Alan goes on vacation and someone named Natalie takes over. I just checked PBS Kids website today and it said it will be Natalie PORTMAN. Crazy stuff.
  2. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

was that the woman who was with elmo pretending to be an elephant? if so what else is she known for?
  3. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

LOL, she plays Queen Amidaeia (sp?) in the new Star Wars prequels! :excited: :D
  4. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

And yes, I believe I saw a picture of her on SS dressed up as an elephant! :) I'm not an Star Wars fan, but I like what I've seen of Natalie Portman. She's from Israel, BTW.
  5. Cheebo

Cheebo New Member

She was only queen in one of them. ;) She plays a Senator in the other 2 and married Anakin and is the mother of Luke and Leia.
  6. zanimum

zanimum New Member

You're right.

"Natalie Portman fills in for a vacationing Alan, but Baby Bear and Big Bird have a hard time adjusting to the change."

I thought you were joking. Either that, or it was some new human on the series, but it is her. Why would they not mention her in the Sesame Workshop press release (http://www.sesameworkshop.org/aboutus/inside_press.php?contentId=11087265), or the PBS release (http://onlinepressroom.net/pbs/ or http://vocuspr.vocus.com/VocusPR30/...g Series;June;July;August&NextSeasonYear=2004)?
  7. zanimum

zanimum New Member

Alan is planning a vacation and he is excited to go away. Big Bird is very upset and can't believe Alan won't be at Hooper's Store. Nothing will ever be the same again! Alan has advertised that he will be looking for someone to fill in for him when he is gone. Natalie stops by for a glass of juice and ends up making an omelet and singing about it. Alan hires Natalie on the spot, and goes off to pack for his trip. Baby Bear and Big Bird have a very hard time adjusting to Natalie replacing Alan, and are anxious about the change. However, they get to know Natalie and she teaches them how some changes can be good changes. They realize that a change doesn't have to be bad. Natalie makes a birdseed milkshake just as Big Bird likes it, with birdseed!

The episode's theme is coping with emotions, and global awareness. The show will be brought to you by the letter D and the number 7. Along with Big Bird, Baby Bear, Natalie, and Alan, there is an "AM Elephant" (likely Elephante, or whatever his name is currently, and (rub-a-dub-dub) three men in a tub, a butcher, a baker, and a candlestick maker.

The show will air April 8, May 14, June 21, July 27, September 1, and October 7

Note that this is the exact text used on the PBS site-- it spells advertised the British/Canadian/Australian way, not the American way, advertized.
  8. zanimum

zanimum New Member

Today is the episode's first airing. Anyone catch it?
  9. Animal Jam

Animal Jam New Member

I caught it.I didn't really like it.there was no storyline to it. :attitude:
  10. Cheebo

Cheebo New Member

Wow do you have a direct link to that? I want to see more indepth stuff on the other episodes too.
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I noticed that Natalie wasn't credited in the ending credits. Let's see, first Mr. Hooper, then David, then Gina, then Mr. Hanford, then Alan, now Natalie. Where does it all end? I didn't care for the episode much either, Big Bird was less whiny when Alan first moved to Sesame Street.
  12. Cheebo

Cheebo New Member

Probably cause she is just a celebrity guest. Alan will probably come back soon enough since it is just a vacation. Also Gina didn't replace anyone. She worked under David and then she worked under Hanford. Also Big Bird was less whiney because Alan was replacing Mr. Hanford and as we all know Alan is a MUCH better Hooper's Store owner than him. At least I think so.
  13. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

I meant to watch that episode, but I didn't remember until 5 minutes after the show was over.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... exactly. Handfoot was good... folksy, but Alan just has more fun.

Seems to me, Natalie was a one time thing. Alan did go away for a week, sure. But unless the rest of the series is time framed in that one week, we'll see him again, certainly.
  15. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Actually, she was supposed to do like 3 shows where she worked at Hooper's. But as you could probably tell, she lost her voice later that day. So Gabi is going to be there for the rest of the time that Alan is on vacation.
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

She lost her voice?

*sniggers*

Now that is kind of funny, poor queen ;) What with bad acting in Episode 2, and loosing her voice in Sesame street, that's got to be embarasing!
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

To say the obvious... they made a huge error concerning the air dates of this "Alan goes on vacation" saga.... it's all over the place. Gabbi filled in for Alan 2 episodes ago, and Alan was at the store 4 episodes ago, both happened a few epsiodes after Alan whent on vacation.....

Just seems strange to me....
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

She had laryngitis: http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#23814