Nate Beat Out Quinn To Be On A Game Show

radionate

Reaction score
Well, technically this is true (it just isn't a televised game show, but it had sound effects and a nifty game board), and it also involved the Muppets, here's the story.

Went to lunch today in the Union (I work on the campus of the University of Mississippi). This is the first week of classes, and they have activities set up all week long in the Union. Today was a game show. They hired some guy who travels the country doing this. Basically it was a combination of Name That Tune and Jepardy. Audio clips were played, and we had to identify them.

Now I wasn't too keen on getting up there to make a fool of myself, but a bunch of my friends were there and shoved me up on stage. Questions were all based on TV, Movies, and Radio songs. Right up my alley.

And heres the MC relation. There were two Muppet questions. First one was in the normal play round. We had to identify what movie a song came from. To my surprise I heard Kermit singing Rainbow Connection. Of course I answered "The Muppet Movie"!!

Second was in the Final Showdown. The big winner from the First Game, and myself (the winner of the second game), squared off to be the grand prize winner! :rolleyes: This was basically like Name That Tune, where we had to identify a song in a specified number of seconds. My clue was Kermit's Favorite Song. Of course to show off to the audience, I said I could name the song in zero seconds (i.e. without any music). The MC asked for my answer, to which I replied "Bein' Green", and then he said, lets see if he's right. I wasn't. It was Jeramyah Was a Bullfrog (however you spell it). Oh well. I still won the face off, and walked away with the grand prize, a brand new cheap camera! I also won thirty bucks and a video of Mission Impossible 2 during the regular rounds. So not bad for my lunch break.

As a side bar, when I made my way up there, one of my opponents pitched a fit when she recognized me. She whined the entire time she was up there that I was a DJ and it wasn't fair. Oh well. That's the price of fame in a small town. No anniminity, but at least I won! :stick_out_tongue:

Quite a funny story to me, and it was a blast. Just had to share. My friends and coworkers have been calling and popping in since then to rub in how cocky I got with the bonus answer, and that I should hang my head in shame for missing it. But I contest the answer should have been Bein' Green (maybe rainbow connection, but thats a long shot to me).

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
LOL!

Wow, two Muppet connections in one lunchbreak!

What'll they think of next?

- Billy :cool:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Wow, congrats, Nate!

We had a similar one in my Union a few months ago, and I didn't win a cheap camera. Or the mountain bike. But I did win some toothbrushes, a t-shirt and some boxer shorts--it was sponsored by Colgate or someone.

Minty Fresh.

Quinnnnnnn

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Quinn!

Is that minty fresh boxers, or silky breath?!?! :stick_out_tongue:

- Billy :cool:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
We had a similar one in my Union a few months ago, and I didn't win a cheap camera. Or the mountain bike. But I did win some toothbrushes, a t-shirt and some boxer shorts--it was sponsored by Colgate or someone.
That was here too. The one yesterday was a lot nicer set up. Big speakers, sound effects, and audio clips, you have to love it! I played with the camera last night, and I realized why it was a prize. The flash is broken! The video I won is also a previously viewed video from Blockbuster, so I'm betting the camera was a manufactorers reject or something too. Now I'm wondering if the cash was counterfeit!?!?!