Necks

BorkBork

Reaction score
I am going to start building some puppets again after nearly 2 years. I was just wondering about a neck-pattern, if anyone has a generic neckpattern to share, it'd be great. Just so i get the angles right...

Thanks
/Anders

SesameKermie

Reaction score
neck construction

As long as we're talking about neck construction, I have a very newbie question. Is it possible to make a puppet that is a head/neck unit and have a removable body? I was working on a character idea that would require costume changes and I was looking for an easy way to do this.

BorkBork

Reaction score
SesameKermie said:
As long as we're talking about neck construction, I have a very newbie question. Is it possible to make a puppet that is a head/neck unit and have a removable body? I was working on a character idea that would require costume changes and I was looking for an easy way to do this.
Many puppets are made this way. Look at Bert, for example. Sometimes when he's just out of the shower in only towel, you can see that the body is not attached to the head. You just attach the neck to the body with velcro. It's shown in David Pannabeckers video 'Creating Custom Puppets'.

I hope this get's you somewhere.

I just came to think of the answer to my own question...david shows a pattern for the neck in that video too...so no need for anyone to supply me with one :wink: