Need help finding two short pieces of SS incidental music

philmorewest

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new member here at the Forum, and was hoping that someone here might be able to help me track down -- and ideally, get a copy of -- two pieces of incidental music that were used in episodes of Sesame Street during the 1980s (and probably earlier). They were both used as background music for live-action clips filmed outdoors, both are instrumentals, and -- to my recollection -- neither involved any Sesame Street characters, which makes them tricky to identify. The first one is a very slow, lyrical song in B-flat minor that I believe was originally used for some sort of nature scene, and was played bassoon and glockenspiel (I think) among other instruments; the second is an upbeat one.in C major that was featured behind footage of a man riding a kayak through whitewater. (I'm betting more than a few folks will remember that one, since they used to show it all the time and it was pretty memorable -- the guy kept flipping upside-down and ending up underwater, as I recall!)

I'm particularly interested in finding these because I performed covers of them about 5 years ago, at my senior concert in college, using charts written from my memory of the songs; I would love to be able to hear the originals again. (It'd also be great to be able to properly credit the composers and performers, on the off-chance that info is available for the originals.)

I've put up a small MP3, taken from my senior concert performance, that has clips of the melodies of both songs -- first the slow one, then the fast one. You can find it here:

http://rockoverlondon.co.uk/mp3/sesamemusic-clip.mp3

Does anyone recognize these, and if so, does anyone have them on tape? If anyone can help, I'll be very, very grateful, and would be happy to arrange a trade of some sort -- I don't have any other Sesame Street memorabilia, but I have a nice collection of concert performances by '60s rock groups, so I'm hopeful something could be worked out.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-- Phil (philmorewest-at-[hotmail-dot-com])

gymkatarules

Reaction score
All I have is an mp3 I made of the montage showing how crayons are created. The music is just phenomenal. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck.

-Chris