Need help with puppet eyes

ncchuck

Reaction score
hi could anyone please tell me what are the little felt circles used for pupils and were can i buy them thank you for any help

JacobsBest

Reaction score
I use the adhesive-backed anti-scuff pads (for the bottoms of chair and table legs) that can be found at any hardware store. This is what is used in my avatar. I don't use these specific ones, but here is a link to what I am referring to. http://www.homediscountstor.com/images/kole/gc531.jpg
You can usually find packs with multiple sizes.
I know some people also buy adhesive backed felt sheets and cut out pupils to size using a stencil of variously sized circles.
Hope this helps!

Animal31

Reaction score
I've seen others use elctrical tape cut into circles as well, or sharpies....

JacobsBest

Reaction score
Yes, I used electric tape on my first attempt. It was just a little to shiny for me. But, I guess it depends on how you will use the end product. Bright/low light etc. The sky is the limit with materials.

ncchuck

Reaction score
thank you so much I am trying to find the felt circles you listed thank you again

JacobsBest

Reaction score
You're welcome. Oh, and I also like that the felt ones protrude a bit and add depth. Flat may work better for some.

JacobsBest

Reaction score
Hey, I meant to share this pic with the last post. Keep us up to date with your progress :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I use adhesive-backed velvet, the kind you use to line jewelry boxes. You can get it on Amazon.

ncchuck

Reaction score
thank you again, I never thought of the velvet , I was trying to find some adhesive flocked paper, my dad made me a tool by sharping a pipe to cut the circles

ncchuck

Reaction score
sorry about my camera, but this is my very first time trying anything like this this is the felt cut from the sharpened pipe my dad made , I did not make the pig puppet it was a $1 one that I found, I added the eyes that I made from ping pong balls and felt and the hair ,I am practicing before I try to make my own from scratch.