Need puppet wigs

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I recently summoned all my testosterone and bravely stepped into Claire's at the mall. I found a "wig-comb" thing that apparently girls beautify themselves with -- it's like a tiarra except instead of the crown thingy on the top it has hair. It's only $6.50 USD and seemed size-appropriate for most puppets. So there's another hair option someone might like to experament with!

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Speaking of wigs... I'm trying to style fur into a certain hair style... into a point... or even a parting... with fur. Not an actual wig or anything. But synthetic fur? I tried heating the hair up and styling it with the end of my hot glue gun but it got hairy!!!

Any ideas?

David.

(ps i did post this question -of sorts- on my "A beginning..." thread but nobody looks at that anymore)

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Use diluted white glue, it takes a bit of experimentation to get it right but it works really well for styling synthetic fur.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I was told by a lady at a costume shop that the cheapie synthetic wigs should work for most puppets. The only problem is that they're almost impossible to style -- or even comb. But she let me in on a little secret: When the synthetic wigs at the costume shop needed to be combed out, they spray Lemon Fresh Pledge into it and it reacts in some way with the hair to allow it to release. When the Pledge dries, the hair returns to it's uncomable state, but 90% of the styling you do while it's wet stays in place!

At least until it gets messed up again.

Steve

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
robinthecrow said:
Speaking of wigs... I'm trying to style fur into a certain hair style... into a point... or even a parting... with fur. Not an actual wig or anything. But synthetic fur? I tried heating the hair up and styling it with the end of my hot glue gun but it got hairy!!!

Any ideas?

David.

(ps i did post this question -of sorts- on my "A beginning..." thread but nobody looks at that anymore)

on avenue q we just used some good quality high strenght hair spray,(if you think about it, that stuff is just glue for your hair, and since you wont be showering with the puppet im sure it will last a while,

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Aha! Hair spray! Didn't think of that... now I feel stupid...

Not showering with my puppets? What are you talking about? Are you mad? That's a silly thing to do...

*returns to shower*