need some help please

sherrygreen

Reaction score
I am trying to find episodes of sesame street that feature big Bird as a mediator or facilitator - ones where the other characters go to bid bird for help with problems. I need to know which episodes they are so that i can watch them and write a paper
thanks
liz

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central... Um, I'm not sure... But it seems like the major tape traders here might need some more specific information to help narrow down which episodes would help you best. That's the best I can offer, you might want to talk to Justin Faulknor, Boober_Gorg, and MuppetDude.
Have a good time exploring the rest of the forums.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Owl? You mean Hoots, or Big Bird. If Hoots, you might be interested in Episode 2407, the segment with him and Gina and Sam. There's also the recent segments where Hoots sing a song to calm down a little AM boy named Jimmy, and "A Cookie Is A Sometime Food" from Season 36.
Hope this helps.

sherrygreen

Reaction score
mistake in my last message

Im sorry about that I meant when any of the characters go to big bird to solve problems - not the owl (i was also trying to find winnie the pooh episodes and got confused) it does not matter who goes to talk to big bird - just want to see some epicodes where he is acting as a problem solver
thanks again
liz

BEAR

Reaction score
Can't think of many specific ones, but there is a recent episode that comes to mind. The one where Telly is trying desperately to learn the Grouch cheer and Gordon and Big Bird try to help him. Big Bird gives Telly the same advise that Gordon does earlier, but for some reason it doesn't sink in for Telly until Big Bird advises him. Great episode.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Think that was Episode 4094, might be wrong. Along those same lines, you might be interested in Episode 4068 from Season 35 where Telly falls off his pogo stick and BB's there to give him some sage advice and confidence in getting back on the thing.

BEAR

Reaction score
I have this theory that they have let Big Bird mature a bit in the last couple years because he seems to be acting more as the "big brother" of the Street helping the other kids solve problems and giving advise. Almost like he has gone from being a six year old to maybe seven or eight. It's nice to see that the characters are always developing and growing.

sherrygreen

Reaction score
thanks

well that works perfectly with my paper so thanks for that. But could you possibly tell me the names or numbers or whatever I need to get a copy of some of the episodes that you mentioned. I am particularly interested in ones where at least two others come to him for advice about a problem. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out.
Liz:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... The episode numbers have been given above: 4068 from Season 35, not sure if it'll be repeated in time for what you need; and 4094 from Season 36.
Hope this helps.