1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Never Ending Search For Family Christmas UNCUT

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by greatoldies4you, Nov 2, 2002.

1. greatoldies4you

greatoldies4you New Member

I am at a loss! At first I thought I might actually be loosing my mind, but I KNEW I had seen the correct full length version of the Family Christmas favorite years ago and I already own a vhs tape (watch it SEVERAL times a year as it is my favorite!) that is the cut version, but for the life of me I can not find anyone with the UNCUT version. In my research I have been told that it is due to rights and such but it seems that there are sooooo many of us looking for this wonderful old classic in its original state that the cost of the rights would seem to be covered in sales with correct promotion--meaning state that it IS the correct version and they will fly off the shelves! Oh how I wish I had not accidentally recorded over my Nickelodeon version from years back.........does anyone out there have this???????
  2. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Cantus Rock has the uncut version from Nickelodeon (and the original ABC airing, also uncut)...
  3. greatoldies4you

YIPPEE!!! But who or what is Cantus Rock??? Thanks moola!
  4. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

He's a member of this forum...Cantus Rock, can't you introduce yourself?
  5. greatoldies4you

Thanks for the update! I knew of the Cantus that had to do with Fraggle Rock, but I was uncertain of who Cantus Rock was - thought something was out there that I did not know about.:p
  6. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Hi greatoldies4you

You can get the uncut special commercialy in the UK

click here

Hope it helps ;)

Later

MuppetDanny
  7. greatoldies4you

Thank you much, but this looks the same as the US version--42 minutes also. The only way I know the uncut version is if it has the scene where Fozzie is talking to the snowman OUTSIDE-not just bringing him inside for the joke scene. Do you possibly know if this version has this in it? Much appreciate for the link too!
  8. MuppetDanny

What I think's it that UK running time is shorter than the US's running time (involes with 24 frames a sec. :confused: )

I'm almost certain that all Muppet specials that has been cut has never been on UK video...... I hope ;)

MuppetDanny
  9. greatoldies4you

Thanks much! I just e-mailed blackstar and hopefully they will give me the news I have been waiting for--if they do not know for certain if it is or not I will probably end up buying it anyway just to take the chance that it is the correct one. I REALLY appreciate the link as I ran into a dead end here in the US. I have also written to Brian Henson begging him to re-release the uncut one, probably won't make a difference but as least I can say I tried. ;)
  10. MuppetDanny

greatoldies4you

I found this which also could help you. I have this boxset which is uncut version

See ya

MuppetDanny
  11. greatoldies4you

How does that song go......Have I Told You Lately That I Love You........thanks bunches for the link and I have already entered a small bid - have to find my conversion chart to see how much I am paying. :p
  12. MuppetDanny

Anytime;)

Snowman: Hey Fozzie!

Fozzie: Yes Mr. Snowman

Snowman: Did you hear about the church that burnt down.......

Staler & Waldorf; Holy smokes!

MuppetDanny
  13. greatoldies4you

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!! I can't wait to see if the version I bid on is the full one! I really miss Fozzies reactions when the Snowman came to life! My youngest one will go crazy if it is correct since she has it almost memorized in the cut version now--what a way to mess with her mind (just joking of course!). :D
  14. greatoldies4you

One more question--how does everyone get the way cool pics of the Muppets under their names?? I love looking at the posts just to see what different ones there are!
  15. MuppetDanny

I just the special last night ;). I dont know who to answer that question, try contact the moderaters : frogboy4 or Phillip Chapman to help you

See ya

MuppetDanny
  16. anathema

anathema Active Member

Hi greatoldies4you:

AFAIK all the UK releases are uncut; however, they are also unplayable in the average US video recorder. Different video standards...

I may be able to assist you with a conversion - please feel free to drop me a private email.
  17. MahnaMahna

MahnaMahna New Member

Here is a link to where you can download 5 of the 7 cuts that were made. I will also be posting the other 2 ("Tree Lighting" and "Fozzie's Stocking") when they arrive in the mail.

http://www.geocities.com/muppetchristmas/mfc.html

Mark

PS If a lot of people try to download in a short time, Geocities gets cheap with the bandwidth and shuts it down for about an hour...... So keep trying!
  18. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Umm, am I late? :D Sorry, didn't see this post...

Anyone who is looking for a copy of the Uncut MFC can email me by clicking the email button under this post. I would love to spread the love to everyone. :)

-Matt
  19. kustomboy

kustomboy New Member

thank you sooooo much for the clips!