1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New 2014 UK Series: The Furchester

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by muppet maniac, Oct 7, 2013.

1. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/furchester.html

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Furry Arms the Series? Sounds interesting though.

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  4. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Nice to see Louise Gold in the cast!

It would be nice that a Dinger would reprise the role as a bellhop from The Furry Arms Hotel episodes and 1-2-3 Count With Me.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Why do they always count individual 11-minute segments as standalone episodes anymore? It's clearly half-hour episodes that contain two 11-minute segments each.

6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Europe was pretty much one of the first to adopt the odd sized television segment. 11 minute segments not followed up by another 11 minute segment is sort of getting more normal around here, but not quite.

These segments are usually numbered by how long they are, vs how many half hours they can fit into.

7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Er, a Dinger was the desk bell at the Furry Arms; Benny Rabbit was the bellhop.

Also... Did anyone read the toughpigs article with the press info related to this new spinoff series? Kay, so that's the admiral who gave his name to the inn in MTI where :concern: and :shifty: worked at alongside Jim Hawkins. Another Muppet mystery solved.

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  8. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Yes and very interesting to see that the past year or so seems to have found her back puppeteering with a vengeance. One film and two TV series - all involving Hensons/Muppets, and at least two miscellaneous appearances for Spitting Image's 30th Anniversary as well. Well she always has been a surprising performer.

9. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

The first episiode of Furchestr is now on BBC Iplayer.
    I watched it on TV today (and then again on Iplayer).
    I am very pleased to see Louise properly used. She even gets to do a monster hug. And best of all she gets to sing, admittedly basically ensemble songs, but at least she's singing (I was dissapointed she didn't get to sing on Muppets Most Wanted).

10. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

11. Oscarfan

The episodes will be uploaded onto YouTube officially by SW in the future, I was told.

12. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I haven't really watched any of the complete episodes so far, but I have seen little bits and pieces, and this really does look like a great show, and I just have to say upfront that...

Furgus and Funella > Humphey and Ingrid! That's for sure!

13. Oscarfan

14. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Well at least we'll get to see some of new the episodes now, hopefully we'll get to see the episodes staring Big Bird, The Count, and the Martians.

15. Oscarfan

I don't think they'll be airing the seasons they just shot.

16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah the US doesn't usually get episodes of imported shows, especially kid shows until at least a few months after. Could be more than a year before the second season makes it to Sprout.

Also, it looks like the show's been renewed for third and fourth seasons, so that's good. Hopefully more Sesame Street character guest appearances to come.

http://kidscreen.com/2016/02/09/the-furchester-hotel-opens-its-doors-to-seasons-three-four/

Really looking forward to season 2. It's nice to have something Sesame Street related while i'm waiting for Season 47.

17. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

BlakeConor14 likes this.