New Album: Louise Gold's Anything Goes album - at last

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Some of you may already have come across this album already, but for those who haven't it gives me great please to post about it here to draw your attention to it.

At long last (eight and a half years after it was recorded) JAY/TER have released (on the Music Theatre Hour label, CDTEH6011) their studio cast album recording of that wonderful Cole Porter musical Anything Goes.
It's a fantastic recording of a great show anyway. But what makes it extra special is that it stars Louise Gold in the all important Ethel Merman role of Reno Sweeney. Few performers can sing Cole Porter, especially not those brilliant songs he wrote for Ethel Merman like Louise can.
If you like Louise (especially if you like her Ethel Mermaid spoofs on Sesame Street), if you like Cole Porter, if you're a muppet fan who also likes Musical Theatre, if you liked TMS's musical numbers, and oh gosh even if you like Annie Sue Pig... whatever good muppet-buff-type of a reason you can find, then, I recommend you get this album.
In my humble opinion it's the best recording Louise has done to date (and I think I must've heard practically all the albums she's been featured on).

For more information about the album, check out the following URL: http://www.qsulis.demon.co.uk/Website_Louise_Gold/Anything_Goes_Recording.htm

I know this post is quite a rave, and ok so maybe it's not strictly 'Muppet', but it is a fantastic album, and it does star one TMS's major singing talents in all her glory. So if that's the kind of thing you like, then please think about getting this album, it's the top.