New Character arrives at Sesame Place

Drtooth

Reaction score
AAA newsletter said:
Abby Cadabby arrived at Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA when the nation's only themepark based on the award winning television show Sesame Street opened May 5, 2007. An Interactive play experiance for families with children ages 2 to 7, Sesame Place is considered the first theme park experiance for young children as it offers the exciting introduction into the thrills and experiances that families can share through adventures like these. At Sesame Place, a child's favorite friends from Sesame Street greet them, entertain them, and are the themes of the rides, shows and physical play activities. Elmo, big Bird, Cookie Monster, and many more are there to share in this funfilled family adventure.

Guests will meet Sesame Street's newest resident, Abby Cadabby, as they greet her in the park and enjoy the new show called "Abby Cadabby's Treasure Hunt" featuring an all star Sesame Cast [by all star, they mean people who couldn't get better jobs than walkaround Grover suits:crazy:- Dr. Tooth]. This sweet, inquisitive and enthusiastic three year old fairy in training is the daughter of a fairy godmother , introduced on the show in 2006, she loves to practice her magic and rhyming, but what she finds truely amazing and magical is what she discovers on Sesame Street.
So, uh... I guess the full scale Abby Cadabby assault on pop culture...err...marketing blitz...err... introduction to our children's hearts and minds is still going strong...

SSLFan

Reaction score
So, uh... I guess the full scale Abby Cadabby assault on pop culture...err...marketing blitz...err... introduction to our children's hearts and minds is still going strong...

I saw a of her the other day. She looks great!:smile: It's nice to see a new Muppet charcther at Sesame Place.:cool:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I guess they were just showing her in repetition to give the advance a chance to know that she's out there. I think it most likely was a contract thing with Leslie. Like a tree episode commitment at first. She is on another show, but I don't know that that's the case at all?:confused: But budget may came in to play to with public television, too. But I think they were just trying to get the audience used to her.

I remember Kevin saying that he had a ten episode contract in his book when he first joined the show, but it had to be terminated because he had other commitments and there was no other spots in the schedule to fit him.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
wow i CAN'T belive yesterday and today was a year ago i was at SESAME PLACE! :smile: also... its nice to know Abby is there now :smirk:

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I thought this place had been open more than one year? I have to go 2-3 hours away from this place several times a year for business, and have always wanted to stop by. At the New Jersey McDonalds I was at last month, they had coupons for this place with a pic of Elmo. Would I have a good time as a 32 year old, by myself, with no kids? (I'm a huge Sesame Street fan if that helps) What is there to do / see besides little kids rides?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
they had coupons for this place with a pic of Elmo.
I've seen those. The ones I saw said "It's Elmo's World, you're just playing in it." Heh, I know it's a joke, but not really heart warming. I mean, is it not fun if you and your kids don't focus on Elmo? ::shrugs::

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That coupon actually sounds kind of funny, LOL! It sort of depressing in a way. Sorry, I was trying to use think of a different word to use, but it was all that cam to mind.:smirk: